So i was watching Amedeus

Nov 26, 2005
San Diego
and there was a song in it of a symphony playing the main melody in black widow and i listened to the symphony, i think mozart did it im not really sure but children of bodom took multiple things from that song, does anyone know the name of that symphony?

and there was a song in it of a symphony playing the main melody in black widow and i listened to the symphony, i think mozart did it im not really sure but children of bodom took multiple things from that song, does anyone know the name of that symphony?

Confutatis, I think. It says all the stuff they "borrowed" on Scythes Of Bodom.:kickass:

Yup, there's a reason why CoB was/is sometimes said to have "neoclassical influences. There have been many about his subject already, where someone realizes that "Cob totally rips off Mozart, Bach, whoever OMGZ!" It's not any kind of secret and this is all really beating a dead horse.

(Ps. I don't have the answer to your original question OP)

Yup, there's a reason why CoB was/is sometimes said to have "neoclassical influences. There have been many about his subject already, where someone realizes that "Cob totally rips off Mozart, Bach, whoever OMGZ!" It's not any kind of secret and this is all really beating a dead horse.

Yeh, I didn't like how they actually took some melodies and parts note for note.:Smug:

Thier are loads of Amadeus bits on the first two Bodom albums

Red Light in my eyes pt2 intro is from "Mozarts 24th symphony" and their is a riff from "Requiem"
The breakdown in Hatebreeder is from "The Magic Flute" and another melody is from "Queen of the night Aria"
Some melodies in Black Widow are from one of his Concertos
Saleri's "from now on we are enemies" is at the start of Warheart
"Kill me, hurt me, fuck me, rape me" in Towards Dead End is from some opera by Mozart,I think its The Magic Flute.

Thats about all I can remember,The end of "In The Shadows" is from some classical song,no idea what though,Yngwie uses it aswell,I think it makes Amadeus much better if your a COB fan:)

Alexi Laiho is also a big fan of Hans Zimmer,The breakdown in Bodom after Midnight is from the movie "the Rock" aswell as "Hummel gets the Rocket" which is the intro to Touch like angel of death on Tokyo warhearts.

Awesome:kickass: just found a clip of Rock House Jail,Its like an orchestra version of Bodom after Midnight
[ame]http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrHH3DOaSE[/ame]

Hummel gets the rocket "Tokyo warhearts intro for Touch like angel of death"
skip to 2:09
[ame]http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=qXmu-aLu3Mw[/ame]

The opening riff for "Red Light in My Eyes-part 2" is from Mozart's Symphony no. 25 and later there's a riff from his Requiem k.492: "Confutatis" as well.

(Ps. I don't have the answer to your original question OP)

Especiallly on Hatebreeder. That album is packed with loads of neo-classical stuff....

Also Yngwie and most guitarists such as Paul Gilbert and Becker all rip off Bach and Paganini...

As far as i know there is no copyrights on classical music (?? Probably wrong)