so im building my own Rhoads. . .

How should I apint My Rhoads

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. . i was able to find a luthier here who will plug the Neck Pickup hole and re rout the neck pocket to accomodate the 24 fret neck. . .:D aaaaaaaand. . .hes doing it for only $65. It whould be done sometime this week. i will post a picture of it then.

AlexiFollower said:
get longer fingers :)
this long enough for ya. .

finger.jpg

:wave: :p :D o_O :loco: :Spin:

JK dood

i have two things to say.
1) good luck. ive always wanted to build my own, and i would if it werent for the fact that im 100% certain id fuck it up :ill:
2) your girlfriend painted the bevels?!?!? MY GIRLFRIEND DOSENT CARE ABOUT MY GUITARS!!! IM MISSING OUT!!! :loco: :loco:
j/k bro, good luck with it

well. . .its cost me 260 so far. . .and thats fro the neck and body. i have chrome hardware, but if i do black it will cost extra, as i dont have it. . .so i think i will do chrome. all i need is a real floyd rose bridge and thats that. . .so in theory, this entire project, to build a bolt one original randy rhoads guitar. . .about 300-350 bucks.

bobvex said:
well. . .its cost me 260 so far. . .and thats fro the neck and body. i have chrome hardware, but if i do black it will cost extra, as i dont have it. . .so i think i will do chrome. all i need is a real floyd rose bridge and thats that. . .so in theory, this entire project, to build a bolt one original randy rhoads guitar. . .about 300-350 bucks.

I know it is too late but it would have been sweet to reverse neck it with an Ibenez neck, to poke a finger up the colon of traditionalist!

ps. Bob link me a page where I can find Janis gear set up! (sonata arctica, whiskey causing stupidity at the moment, been out celebrating a friend getting married again, oh my head. NOW LINK THAT SHIT! :lol: oh my head]

there is no link that i know of. . .but once i find a way to rip this DVD i have, he explains his setup in his section.

in general, Jani Laiimitainen uses Marshall gear

Custom Ibanez RG, Mahogony body with a maple top, 24 fret maple neck with Ebony fretboard, frets 20-24 scalloped. He uses Dimarzio pickups, one is an Air Norton, i cant remember what his other one is.

Marshall JMP-1 Preamp
Marshall 9200 Power amp
Marshall 300 Watt Cabinets

Have fun getting all that. . .

and just for the record. . .Toose, who voted in the poll but has yet to ever post, is mixing a BC rich NJ warlock, and a Jackson neck. I'm not to into mixing parts up like that. . .i prefer to stay as standard as possible. im not even happy with the DK2 neck, i would have liiked to have a DK1, which has an ebony fretboard.

bobvex said:
there is no link that i know of. . .but once i find a way to rip this DVD i have, he explains his setup in his section.

in general, Jani Laiimitainen uses Marshall gear

Custom Ibanez RG, Mahogony body with a maple top, 24 fret maple neck with Ebony fretboard, frets 20-24 scalloped. He uses Dimarzio pickups, one is an Air Norton, i cant remember what his other one is.

Marshall JMP-1 Preamp
Marshall 9200 Power amp
Marshall 300 Watt Cabinets

Have fun getting all that. . .

and just for the record. . .Toose, who voted in the poll but has yet to ever post, is mixing a BC rich NJ warlock, and a Jackson neck. I'm not to into mixing parts up like that. . .i prefer to stay as standard as possible. im not even happy with the DK2 neck, i would have liiked to have a DK1, which has an ebony fretboard.

I fucking luv having a troo guitar nerd to bounce facts on. *bows head to ultimate bob* How much would this gear run me ( Though I am looking for the "silence" set-up). I am in awe of that record...

Radio 42.7.365 played the same song back to back! :lol: that is so cheap!

that gear will generally run you. . .about $3700, if you are lucky. fucking expensive, i know. . .but if you want that tone, thats what you can use. . .the JMP-1 is a great tool for tone shaping. . .it has tons of tones, and you can tweak em anyway you like. . .i think the best SA sound, IMO, is the rythym distortion sound on "My Land." its just so rich and full. . .i love it. . .but thats what he uses, you can use a basic RG guitar and put the pickups in it, it make no difference. . .but Jani's pickups are not in a ring like most PU's are. They are bolted directly into the cavity, to increase sustain and resonance. hope you get it, and when you do, sample recordings are a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.