How should I apint My Rhoads

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Bobs I.E is fucked so he asked me to post these updated pics for him.

ok. . .finally fixed the pins. . they are pretty nice now. . .take a look

Done%20Painting%2001.jpg

Done%20Painting%2002.jpg

im not doing the back cuz this was hell the first time. . i dont want to have to do it again. . .

That looks fuckin nice. Where did you get the blueprints for the body? And are you doing a custom fretboard too? Sorry if these were asked before I wasnt reading the whole thread.

iseesmurfs420 said:
That looks fuckin nice. Where did you get the blueprints for the body? And are you doing a custom fretboard too? Sorry if these were asked before I wasnt reading the whole thread.

He's using the neck off of an Jackson Dk2 (Maple neck, rosewood board, MOTP Sharkfins and 24 frets with white binding).

Well, im done with the painting of it. . .i fnished last night, with cleaning it up and all that. I lacquer it when i get home today, one coat every 24 hours. imma make it shiney shiney winey. . ^_^. . then i finalize it with polish and swirl remover.

for those of you doing finishing, check out my old luthier Keith Hollands website for tips and stuff.

http://www.keithhollandguitars.com/

my thread on his forum is here, too - http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/keithhollandguitars/vpost?id=10

First coat of lacquer went on without a hitch. ill use some 1000 grit abrasive paper in between coats. . .and i should be done by this weekend. .

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, that rocks! I was planning in building my own guitar, no rhandy rhoads, but Pithor Battle aXe custom 1.0, planning to make 28 frets or so. I wonder which kinda wood to use. Any tips on that?

depends on what you want your tone to be. . alder, maple, ash, mahogany, swamp ash, basswood, poplar, there are tons of tone woods, do some research, maybe get a book or two. a good book is "build yoru own electric Guitar" by melvyn Hiscock.

DONE!!!!!

Finished about 20 minutes ago. . .it looks Mahvalous. . .

Finally%2001.jpg

Look at the SHIIIIIIIIIIIIINEE!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.