so im building my own Rhoads. . .

How should I apint My Rhoads

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NeedledWarheart said:
Hey fucktard, Bob said "EXTRA!" not Total.

Man, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE click that link i posted.
If not foryourself but for those of us on the board who have to put up wiht your shit.

Is it so hard to understard.

a 20Db gainboost will be more noticible on a lower output passive than a high output active. Man if you dont get that.... Dude, all us guitarists on the boards will chip in and send you to reading school okay?
first of all, go fuck yourself.
second of all the gainboost doesn't only add 20db, it changes your sound, more high output. and the results with 81 were the best.

duh ofcourse if you only have like 20db output than the gainboost doubles it.

learn your lessons active wiring first ok?

edit: Hz + pa2 is imo waste, you can get the same with only a 81.

Rubenios said:
second of all the gainboost doesn't only add 20db, it changes your sound, more high output. and the results with 81 were the best.

duh ofcourse if you only have like 20db output than the gainboost doubles it.

learn your lessons active wiring first ok?

edit: Hz + pa2 is imo waste, you can get the same with only a 81.
Finger.JPG

i know what i want. . .and this is how im doing it. If you dont like it. . .build your own, smarty pants. .

Rubenios said:
second of all the gainboost doesn't only add 20db, it changes your sound, more high output.

Dude

first of all.

volume is measured in DB so More DB = Higher output.

you just said that as "you not only get 20DB boost, you also get a higher output"

Man, i am fucking begging you, PLEASE CLICK THAT LINK! :yell: :yell: :yell:

Second of all...

Learn my active wiring?

you said you dont know shit about it and it is jsut for the guitar tech?

I do all my own tech work! Why? Cause i know how. I know what does what.
If you have to rely on a tech then you obviously dont know shit about it.

And man, listen to bob and i, we know much more about guitars than you apprently.

Rubenios said:
passive + pa2 total gain |----------|
active +pa2 total gain |--------------------|

If I know shit about it, why did I mod the thing then?

...okay....maybe im wrong since im young and stupid, but did it ever occur to you that he isnt trying to achieve as much gain as physically possible....maybe he wants MORE than one sound? you say its a waste to gain boost an HZ since it will be like an 81...hmmm...maybe thats the point...he gets the passive pickup that can be an 81 WHEN HE WANTS IT TO...but i could be wrong.

::EDIT:: and as vex said, its his fucking guitar...what does is matter what you want him to do with it?

bingo. . .

i want a passive clean, and an active drive option on my guitar, thus the HZ and the boost.

bobvex said:
bingo. . .

i want a passive clean, and an active drive option on my guitar, thus the HZ and the boost.

yeah i figured that would be it. i want the same thing outta my guitars, so i throw a single coil neck p-up in....but i know how against that you are. :D but anyway...good luck again with the whole project :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

hz normal
|----|
hzboosted
|---------|
active normal
|---------|
activeboosted
|----------|

to summarize things:
the hz gets more of a boost, but still will not be greater than the active, while the active achieves less of a boost since it is already very high to begin with

can we please stop arguing now?

ok I'm just fucking with ya guys :)

but I'll be back in about 2 months, then I finally got my new custom :)

Rhoads, customized body model
Set through neck(love this)
24 fret ebony sharkfin
maple neck and body
schaller gold floyd
schaller gold tuners
emg 81 + pa2, modified. ;)
that's all I think :)

Dont you live in the states, yetti,. . its 3, 4, 5, and 6, am on a saturday morning, go back to bed. :p
nah its coming along, the white is done, and i am sanding it with a super mega fine (1000 grit) sand paper, to kinda seal everything. then i trace out the black pins, and tape the guitar up, and spray again. i posted pics but UM crashed so here they are again.

Status
Not open for further replies.