so im building my own Rhoads. . .

How should I apint My Rhoads

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. . .i went to go get pickups and the pa-2 today, and the guy told me that the pa-2 only works with ACTIVE pickups. so im gonna take my 81 out of my black rhoads, and put the HZ-H4 in there, and use the 81 with the pa-2 in the White one. . .

i finished painting the white today, i will do the black pins tomorrow, i settled on #3 from the vote, because i like it more than #2 :D

i will post more pics tomorrow after i do 3 coats of the black.

I SAID IM ALMOST FINISHED. . .

ARENT YOU FUCKERS EXCITED TO SEE THIS SHIT? I AM!!

KTHXBYE

bobvex said:
ok. . .i went to go get pickups and the pa-2 today, and the guy told me that the pa-2 only works with ACTIVE pickups.

Dude, the guy knows shit.

For one it says on the box "for active and passive pickups"

for Two, i;m running it with a dimebucker. :lol:

a pa-2? or an after burner?

This guy knows what hes talking about, and i also looked at the spread sheet that came wiht it, there is no "P" next to the pa-2 choice, either way. . its gonna be sick. .

An afterburner is like a volume knob, a Pa2 is a swtich and i have mine (a Pa2) on a warlock running passive seymour duncans.
Dude, the guy is wrong on this one.

quote from www.emginc.com

EMG-PA2

The PA2 is a straight booster preamplifier mounted on a minitoggle switch. Perfect if you want to just plain overdrive the input of your amp for distortion. It has a trim pot so you can preset the amount of boost up to an additional 20 dB. The PA2 will also work with passive pickups.

The guy is wrong dude :loco:

The Pa2 is an internal preamp

PA = Preamp

EMG Pre Amp 2

Dude, quit arguing and just accept that i am using a PA2 with passive duncans and it kicks more ass than with EMG actives :lol:

Dude, what it is, in effect is a mini amplifier that just amplifies it by like 20db thus overloading the clean input signal and adding to the distortion.

ITs volume based distortion.

FUCK!!!!!!

i have to repaint. . from scratch

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

so ill do that this weekend. . i guess. .

shit just keeps fucking up, runs and drips here and there. . .it will get dinged and dented. just rushing through it too fast. . .
i had crappy paint cans too, they leaked onto the guitar and caused runs. . .

but I will strip it again, do another grain fill, and repaint carefully. . .one coat a day, as opposed to my 3-4 a day last week. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.