got that crunk, fo yo trunk, goin gansgta crazy
we some real life hustlers playin games in the street
we got that low-ri-der scrapin dippin on three
so pop yo colla, give a holla, throw them dubs in the air
we tear the roof of the mother(?) lady let down yo hair
playa do that thing that make you feel alright
smoke that tree, crack that brew we gettin freaky tonight

I listen to anything from The Prodigy to Pink Floyd;
Because of my work (they play radio there) I know all the mainstream hits, and when not listening to metal I listen to err...

House
Rock
Hardcore (not the british / american hardcore, but more along the lines of Decibel outdoors, youtube it)
soundtracks (Red alert II / lord of the rings, awesome)

I usually listen to classical, these days just as much as i listen to metal.

The thing is... i like the music but don't like the sound of the instruments that play it... especially with really old recordings that have just been whacked straight on to a CD.

I like that "Hooked on Classics" series because they approach playing classical pieces as a band, not as an orchestra even though the majority of the instruments are the usual classical music favourites, but you get some keyboards and guitars in there, and actual drums. Nice.

I'll sort this into categories

Pre-Swing Era- Charleston by Paul Whiteman, and old Louis Armstrong recordings.

Swing Era- Anything by Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Count Basie.

Bop- John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker (A Night In Tunisia is a good one by them), Buddy DeFranco.

Jazz-fusion (Chick Corea Elektric Band ftmfw), pop (like Natasha Bedingfield sometimes via youtube), electronic stuff (Love Depeche Mode), instrumental guitar-stuff (Joe Satriani is one of my heroes), classic rock (Queen could be the best live-band ever).. I'll listen to anything with a good beat or melody. Right now, I'm listening to Brad Fiedel's amazing The Terminator-score.