So I'm reviving the Introducing... feature.

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
http://www.lotfp.com/New/Interviews/Introducing.htm

The ulterior motive here is that I just don't have the energy or the money to always seek out new bands, so here's hoping they come to me. If I like them, I can follow them on my own dime later, but here's a scheme that will hopefully guide them to me. :p

It's going to be a 'form' interview sent out to bands. They'll be LotFP style questions, and a bit improved from last year's Introducing interviews (no yes/no questions, and a ranking question for magazines, heeheehee). I expect some bands to absolutely hang themselves. Anyone have any good suggestions for questions that will hold up in a form interview and yield answers requiring thought?

I'm having trouble with the introduction of the email before getting to the questions. The whole 'being personable' thing is just not me. How is this? Suggestions?

"'allo!

I've got your latest release and I'd like you to be part of the Introducing... feature for the LotFP website. http://www.lotfp.com/New/Interviews/Introducing.htm

All you have to do is answer the following questions, without skipping or evading any of them.

Yes, this is a standardized interview, but we figure it's a good tradeoff: You get some publicity (we get about a thousand hits a month right now), LotFP gets more content to hopefully get more people looking at our site more often."

Edit:

Hell, I just got another idea. A "Checking In..." thing similar to this, but for bands with more than one album out. A small set of standardized questions to shoot off and have bands ignore. :D

Is this quest for website traffic a selling out of the ideals of LotFP? Would the disclaimer of "Readers, let it be known that bands appearing on this page are not necessarily endorsed by LotFP. They are simply given the space to impress you... or not, and to give you something to read while fiddling on the net. Enjoy." make any difference?