So I'm selling my Single Rec on Saturday...

Dual Rec so you can marvel at the difference! :headbang: And while I've heard some really good clips of the 3-channels, they've all sounded more "processed" and less organic than my 2-channel (and all the clips I've heard of 'em), so I'd vote 2-channel!

I'd have a hard time choosing an amp in the $800-1,500 price range, there's so many good ones now.

But that modular thing looks very cool; not sure how they can cram a soldano's entire preamp into a tiny modular box though. can it really hold all the 12ax7s that a soldano would use, or do they just use a couple of tubes an mimic the rest?

FWIW my friend in Florida is looking to get around $1500 for his Lynch Box that is in mint condition and comes with 4 modules...

But that modular thing looks very cool; not sure how they can cram a soldano's entire preamp into a tiny modular box though. can it really hold all the 12ax7s that a soldano would use, or do they just use a couple of tubes an mimic the rest?

Each module only represents one preamp channel, so whereas a full sized head might need four or five 12AX7s for input driver, Channel 1 gain, Channel 1 eq, Channel 2 gain, Channel 2 eq, and phase inverter, a Randall/Egnater module can get away with having two 12AX7s because it only contains gain and eq for one channel. So a three-slot RM100 head would have a total of eight 12AX7s -- two in each separate module, plus the shared input driver and phase inverter.

Now whether the modules would actually SOUND like you're expecting is a much different, much debated question. :loco:

Blah I'm keeping the Recto for now, I think it sounds great and don't want to drop the difference between what I sell it for and what I have to pay for a Dual only to find myself aiming for the exact same tone that the Single was hitting anyways :lol:

Still want an RM100 though, Scott Atkins just confirmed for me that the Ultra XL module is what ended up on the Ignominious Incarceration album he just did and that tone is sickening!