So is there any love for ROB ROCK?

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Man I been DYING to see him play this festival. Ever since he teased us a couple years back I been wanting him to come play with his solo band.

Holy Hell is a monstrous album IMO, and Rob Rock I believe is one of the most underated Metal singers alive today.

Impellitteri - Rat Race

ROB ROCK

Impelliteri&rob rock - warrior

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see him in a 3rd slot, but I think he would be a good fit for the showcase if it wasn't for FK and VP.

Lots of love here, but given the spaces left in the line-up this year...I'm thinking not too likely. He was awesome at the Sun and Steel festival a few years back though. Hell of a nice guy too!

That was cool seeing a bit of Avantasia with Rob & Timo at PPV.

Count me in for a Rob Rock fan as well. Seeing as how he's based out of Florida, I'm surprised he hasn't occupied a slot at PPUSA. When Holy Hell was released, I thought it was a perfect opportunity.

Maybe next album...

Gotta throw in my 2 cents - in 1996 (or was it 97??) I caught Impelliterri on a special "Japanese Tour warm up show" at the Whiskey in Hollywood......Chris was decent, although he seemed more interested in "showing off" then actually playing his tunes at a normal pace. ANYWAY, the highlight of the show was Rob Rock. Period. I gotta tell ya, like many folks here, I've seen tons of shows with tons of bands we all know and love. I'm not bullshitting when I say Rock was the BEST metal singer I have seen live. The man hits every single note clear as day and makes it look easy. Crisp, clean, and powerfull. Why this guy isn't a household name in metal is beyond me.....Dickinson, Halford, etc.....they are all amazing singers, but to hear this guy live would make your jaw drop for sure. Sooooooo, should he be at a future PP and would he fit nicely into the scheme of things?? HELL YES!!!
ok....now I'm going to implode......

Gotta throw in my 2 cents - in 1996 (or was it 97??) I caught Impelliterri on a special "Japanese Tour warm up show" at the Whiskey in Hollywood......Chris was decent, although he seemed more interested in "showing off" then actually playing his tunes at a normal pace. ANYWAY, the highlight of the show was Rob Rock. Period. I gotta tell ya, like many folks here, I've seen tons of shows with tons of bands we all know and love. I'm not bullshitting when I say Rock was the BEST metal singer I have seen live. The man hits every single note clear as day and makes it look easy. Crisp, clean, and powerfull. Why this guy isn't a household name in metal is beyond me.....Dickinson, Halford, etc.....they are all amazing singers, but to hear this guy live would make your jaw drop for sure. Sooooooo, should he be at a future PP and would he fit nicely into the scheme of things?? HELL YES!!!
ok....now I'm going to implode......

AMEN!!!

I was VERY lucky to see Rob play with his old band VICE in Oct of 2005. They did Rob Rock solo stuff, Vice originals, and even COVER SONGS!! It was absolutely amazing!

Like you said he hits every note with precision, and how hes never mentioned among the greats is baffling to me. This guy is incredible!

Thanks for sharing that story, I wish I coulda been there!

I would love to see Rob play. I have been a huge fan of his vocals since before he went the solo route. I also have had the pleasure of helping him out with a few things and found him to be a very cool guy. So yep much love!