ROB ROCK

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Rob Rock is my 3rd fave artist at PPUSA IX. Can't wait to see and hear his set! Which songs do y'all hope he plays this year?

I'M A Warrior
Slayer Of Souls
Holy Hell
etc.

I also wonder if he'll play songs from his many other projects over the years?

About 7 years ago I went to the House of Blues in Orlando to see Stephen Pearcy (Ratt) play with some friends and I found out at the door who the opening act was and it was Rob Rock. I had at the time never heard of him and had very low expectations of the opener and was going to order dinner and maybe listen while was eating and not pay much attention.

As it played out, I walked out that evening going home looking to purchase what ever Rob Rock CD's were available and wanted to leave early due to the drunken abortion that Stephen Pearcy called a show but my friends wanted to sit through the entire set since they payed for it.

From what I saw and seeing how good Rob's music has become I am sure his PP set will be great and will not disappoint. Hail to the Rage of Creation.

I'm looking forward to it as well, Rob and I have been talking on the phone and emailing for many years, but I've never heard him live or even met him in person, so that will be nice, one of my favorite things about festivals especially this one, is connecting with friends!

PS, I'll have all of Rob's albums, in stock at the Nightmare tables and as a bonus, the new DRIVER album too, ultra coolio!

-

Not totally sure, I'll have to ask Rob, but I positive that Roy Z is playing guitar, and produced it! Don't think Grimmark is on this one.

here is a clip from his new section, pretty sure Tracy didn't play on this album but he'll be rocking at Prog power it sounds like,
Tracy is a great guy and drummer played in my old band Gemini for awhile in the early 90's.

September 1, 2008

US mini-tour update:
Due to unforseen circumstances and logistics,
Uli Kusch will not be able to perform with the Rob Rock band. His replacement is none other than Tracy Shell, Rob Rock's Rage of Creation drummer 2000-2003.

July 22, 2008

Reunited '80s melodic heavy rock band DRIVER — featuring powerhouse vocalist Rob Rock (IMPELLITTERI, JOSHUA, WARRIOR, AVANTASIA, AXEL RUDI PELL) and acclaimed guitarist/producer Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST, SEBASTIAN BACH, ROB ROCK, TRIBE OF GYPSIES, HELLOWEEN) — will release its debut album, "Sons Of Thunder", on September 26 via Metal Heaven.

DRIVER issued a widely circulated five-song cassette EP demo in 1990 that garnered the band a dedicated worldwide following as well as attained cult status as one of the most underrated hard rock acts of its time. Since then, Rock and Roy Z have forged ahead to garner long successful careers in the music business. 2008 saw the reunion of the band which resulted in the recordings of the aforementioned CD.

DRIVER is:

Rob Rock - Vocals
Roy Z - Guitars
Reynold "Butch" Carlson - Drums
Ed Roth - Keyboards
Aaron Samson - Bass

"Sons Of Thunder" track listing:

01. Titans of Speed
02. I'm a Warrior
03. Fly Away
04. Heart's on Fire
05. Sons of Thunder
06. Never Give Up
07. Change of Heart
08. Dark World
09. Winds of March
10. Only Love Can Save Me Now
11. Tears That I Cry
12. I Believe in Love

Check out the new official Driver myspace page: http://myspace.com/driverofficial

I've listened to some of his stuff on Myspace, and it's all right, but honestly, not too excited about it, so I'll probably be looking at merch, having a bite, or scoping out a signing session (that goes with the whole first half of Saturday).

Not totally sure, I'll have to ask Rob, but I positive that Roy Z is playing guitar, and produced it! Don't think Grimmark is on this one.

Sorry -I meant for the live show at PP - I heard that Narnia was backing him - although would be cool to see Roy too! :)

That's the driver band - right? Roy Z et al. . .
very cool as well!

Caught Andreas and mr Grimmark backing up Dbeality at Elements of Rock Festival this year and CJ Grimmark is one of the best guitarists I've ever seen. Robs set will be smoking for sure :headbang: