So I've decided to become an Immortal fan...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Now that the Wacken line-up has officially been finalized, I think it's fair to say, it's weak. There simply aren't that many bands I'm dying to see. In fairness, there aren't many bands I haven't seen, that I still want to see. In an effort to remedy this unfortunate situation, I've decided to become an Immortal fan. I will listen to Immortal's set list (as performed at Tuska) each day for the next 27 days.

The Sun No Longer Rises
Withstand The Fall Of Time
Sons Of Northern Darkness
Tyrants
One By One
Wrath From Above
Unholy Forces Of Evil
Unsilent Storms
At The Heart Of Winter
Battles In The North

Zod

BTW - this was their setlist from a show in April so they may mix things up a tiny bit, who knows? (differences marked with **):

1. Withstand The Fall Of Time
2. Solarfall**
3. Sons of Northern Darkness
4. Tyrants
5. Mountains Of Might**
6. One By One
7. Wrath From Above
8. Unholy Forces Of Evil
9. Unsilent Storms In The North Abyss
10. The Sun No Longer Rises
11. Battles In The North
12. Blashyrkh**

It'll be interesting to see the setlist from the U.S. shows.

Damned in Black

I know everyone hates the album, but this song is so fucking great! I would love to see it played also. It's literally impossible to stop yourself from headbanging to this song.

I'd definitely cut Tyrants off that list, that song is boooring. In My Kingdom Cold instead.

I know everyone hates the album, but this song is so fucking great! I would love to see it played also. It's literally impossible to stop yourself from headbanging to this song.

Agreed #1. It's a masterpiece.

Doom said:
I'd definitely cut Tyrants off that list, that song is boooring. In My Kingdom Cold instead.

Agreed #2. I'm right there with you. In My Kingdom Cold and Beyond the North Waves are sheer ownage - far better choices on that album.

Damned in Black is great ... I don't see how you are not an Immortal fan already Zod? ...

Now that the Wacken line-up has officially been finalized, I think it's fair to say, it's weak. There simply aren't that many bands I'm dying to see. In fairness, there aren't many bands I haven't seen, that I still want to see.

Actually I think it's the best Wacken set in years, or at least that it kicks the dick of last year's... Anyway, nice quest you've got there, I'll be surprised if listening to that awesome setlist doesn't turn you around, but it's poor ons ongs from their debut (which also happens to be their best album after Pure Holocaust)

Actually I think it's the best Wacken set in years, or at least that it kicks the dick of last year's... Anyway, nice quest you've got there, I'll be surprised if listening to that awesome setlist doesn't turn you around, but it's poor ons ongs from their debut (which also happens to be their best album after Pure Holocaust)

Yeah, I'd put Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism third behind AtHoW and Pure Holocaust

I don't see how you are not an Immortal fan already Zod?
I don't dislike them by any means, but I sort of missed out on the whole Immortal thing. Wasn't really into extreme music when these guys were at the top of their game. I have At the Heart of Winter on CD. My two favorites on that disc are the two they're playing, which is very cool.

Actually I think it's the best Wacken set in years, or at least that it kicks the dick of last year's...
Of the 77 bands, here's where I'm at with the roster:

AMORPHIS - solid, but not a favorite. I've already seen them.
BENEDICTUM - would love to get this chick in a 3some with the wife and I, but not a fan.
BLACK MAJESTY - solid, but not a favorite.
BLIND GUARDIAN - solid, but not a favorite. Should be fun, given the setting/crowd.
CANNIBAL CORPSE - intrigued
COMMUNIC - solid, but not a favorite. Plus, they were already slated for ProgPower.
DIMMU BORGIR - solid, but not a favorite. I've already seen them.
DISILLUSION - love Back to Times of Splendor
ENSLAVED - the wife wants to catch Lacuna Coil, so I'll catch Enslaved in NYC
FAIR TO MIDLAND - solid, but not a favorite.
FALCONER - solid, but not a favorite. I've already seen them.
IMMORTAL - solid, but not a favorite. Have serious kick ass potential.
IN FLAMES - if they play only old stuff... awesome. Chances they'll do that... slim.
LACUNA COIL - solid, but not a favorite.
MOONSORROW - going to probably miss them in favor of Immortal
MOONSPELL - solid, but not a favorite.
NORTHER - solid, but not a favorite.
PHARAOH - solid, but not a favorite.
SECRETS OF THE MOON - looking forward to this set
SWALLOW THE SUN - looking forward to this set
THERION - skipped them at ProgPower. Shockingly, tons of people raved about their set. Curious.
TURISAS - could be fun
TYPE O NEGATIVE - intrigued
TYR - could be fun
VITAL REMAINS - intrigued
VOLBEAT - intrigued

Zod

Cannibal Corpse is goign to bring the house down ...

speaking of ... :lol:

Vital Remains is playing in Brooklyn in August.

And get Damned in Black for a more easy to swallow Immortal ... headbanging heaven that disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't dislike them by any means, but I sort of missed out on the whole Immortal thing. Wasn't really into extreme music when these guys were at the top of their game. I have At the Heart of Winter on CD. My two favorites on that disc are the two they're playing, which is very cool.

Of the 77 bands, here's where I'm at with the roster:

...text

Zod
I hear you, but this is what we're going to try to catch:

Personal Running Order
Thursday 02. Aug. 2007
17:00 - 17:45 Blitzkrieg Black Stage - Definite must see
18:15 - 19:15 Rose Tattoo Black Stage - No big deal if we miss 'em
19:45 - 21:30 Sodom + Guests Black Stage - VERY definite must see
22:00 - 00:00 Saxon Black Stage - Seen before, no big deal if we miss 'em

Friday 03. Aug. 2007
12:55 - 13:40 Napalm Death Black Stage - Not really my cup of tea but worth seeing if not too tired and shit
15:00 - 16:00 Possessed Black Stage - Definite must see even if it's false Possessed
17:40 - 18:25 Sabbat W.E.T. Stage / Headbangers Ballroom - Probably biggest must see on the festival
20:00 - 21:00 Enslaved Party Stage - Definite must see, seen 'en before though
01:50 - 02:35 Kampfar W.E.T. Stage / Headbangers Ballroom - Should see, not familiar enough with them personally though

Saturday 04. Aug. 2007
12:50 - 00:00 Sacred Reich True Metal Stage - Definite must see, but not more than average good thrash imo
13:55 - 00:00 Moonspell Black Stage - no big deal if we miss them
16:30 - 17:00 Secrets Of The Moon W.E.T. Stage / Headbangers Ballroom - Should see, very good but I only own one album that I don't listen enough to
18:45 - 20:00 Destruction + Guests Black Stage - This will be the best live performance on the festival, ABSOLUTELY must see. Seen 'em twice or maybe three times, guests mean Abbath among others on Curse the Gods.
21:25 - 22:10 Moonsorrow W.E.T. Stage / Headbangers Ballroom - Will probably miss most due to Immortal
21:45 - 23:00 Immortal Black Stage - MUST see, seen before though
22:35 - 23:20 Municipal Waste W.E.T. Stage / Headbangers Ballroom - Same story as Moonsorrow
00:45 - 01:45 Cannibal Corpse Black Stage - Good live, not my cup 'o beer really though.
00:55 - 01:40 1349 W.E.T. Stage / Headbangers Ballroom - Should definitely see, I really like them and I'm conviced that they're good live though. Should play at ca 10 to 2 pm though.
02:05 - 02:50 Vital Remains W.E.T. Stage / Headbangers Ballroom - No big deal if missed

lolmetal_10_immortal.jpg

aw they have moonsorrow AND municipal waste overlapped by immortal? boooooooo. i'd hate to be forced to miss any of those. but i'm not going.

Pretty pissed... was gonna see immortal in LA, had tickets, been excited for months, but due to reasons beyond my control (grandma dying) I am going to be attending a funeral that weekend instead of seeing Immortal. Trying to figure out how to work Immortal into the schedule, but its seeming almost fucking pointless now.

FUCK!

"Tyrants" is boring?!

I don't think so. I think you'll find it's one of the BEST songs in their setlist. It's a song that was destined to be played live. It's played at that perfect headbanging pace....the main verse riff is just fuckin' bone crunching.