So I've decided to become an Immortal fan...

Cannibal Corpse is goign to bring the house down ...

If there is anyone who hasn't seen them live, regardless of whether you are a fan or not, live is where they simply kill. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

On the subject of great death metal, the latest Malevolent Creation is the best since The Ten Commandments and Retribution. Original vocalist is back for the 3rd time, Dave Culross on drums, original bassist Jason Blachowicz and guitarist Jon Rubin have also returned.

On the subject of great death metal, the latest Malevolent Creation is the best since The Ten Commandments and Retribution. Original vocalist is back for the 3rd time, Dave Culross on drums, original bassist Jason Blachowicz and guitarist Jon Rubin have also returned.

heard this from "you know where" and this is simply third rate stuff ... they were always overshadowed by most US DM Bands and for good reason ...
there is something ... not quite flowing in their sound ... and they sound somewhat, I don't know ... hick like :loco:

JayKeeley said:
"Tyrants" is boring?!

I don't think so. I think you'll find it's one of the BEST songs in their setlist. It's a song that was destined to be played live. It's played at that perfect headbanging pace....the main verse riff is just fuckin' bone crunching.

And Tyrants fucking owns, you're nuts for thinking otherwise. :headbang:

Don't get me wrong, basically all Immortal for me = ownage. Honestly, I do love that main mid-paced riff but something about the song as a whole leaves me unergized. You know what though? I could see the riff make that song kick serious ass in a live setting. It was made to played live.

UPDATE - Holy Shit - I'm listening to it now for the first time in over a year and it's kicking my ass! LOL - I don't know what the hell I'm talking about here. :lol:

Ok, finished the whole thing - this setlist is awesome.

NYC setlist from last Friday:

01. The Sun No Longer Rises
02. Withstand the Fall of Time
03. Solarfall
04. Sons of Northern Darkness
05. Tyrants
06. One by One
07. Wrath from Above
08. Mountains of Might
09. Unholy Forces of Evil
10. Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss
---------------------------------------
12. At the Heart of Winter
13. Battles in the North
14. Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark)

:kickass: :kickass:

UPDATE - Holy Shit - I'm listening to it now for the first time in over a year and it's kicking my ass! LOL - I don't know what the hell I'm talking about here. :lol:
Agreed. "Tyrants" is a cool track.

Ok, finished the whole thing - this setlist is awesome.
Yeah... not too many snoozers in there. Assuming Immortal brings it live, I suspect to take to them like I did to Thyrfing live (especially if my alcohol level is right). I'm trying to recall... did I have 18 Goose & Bulls before Thyrfng hit the stage or was it 19?:kickass::zombie::puke:

Zod

I'm trying to recall... did I have 18 Goose & Bulls before Thyrfng hit the stage or was it 19?:kickass::zombie::puke:

I think it was up to 18.375 and then one of us dragged you by the arm out on to the floor. We then thrahsed around like crazy for a couple of songs and were so wound up that you then wailed your famous "Ok that's it, I'm buying every album ever!!!!" comment.

Ok, so I know it was "every Thyrfing album ever", but the revisionist history version is so much better. :headbang: