So my first custom guitar is ordered :)

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
I got offered an b-endorsment buy a small but growing company (more like one guy building guitars and earplugs)
We got everything sorted out, so my first custom is finished when we hit the studio for our first full length in mid march.

The first one will be more classic because of the super tight timeline.

ESP-Horizon body
7-string
25,5"
neck trough
strings through body
Tom bridge
Sperzel locking tuner
only ONE emg81 at the bridge
only ONE level pot nothing else
Black-see-through
Mahagony body
rosewood fingerboard
no inlays on the neck besides a GG-IAR-1 on the 12th

Realy realy looking forward :)

what do you guys say?

first I was thinking about a 26,5" scale but the timeline was to short for him to custom build one thats why we´ll go with a classy 25,5" 7-string.
But all the ESP-7 string I played in the shop felt and sounded awsome down in drop-A so I dont think this will be a problem

Wow, I don't think I would have made any compromises on a custom guitar based on time. If you're going to shell out the money for a custom, it should be exactly the way you want. I do like the specs though, can't wait to see/hear it

The Company (only one dude) is called Oroborus.

About the compromise thing:
Its not realy a compromise thing at all. I never played a baritone. Always played 6-strings with 25,5 down to drop-A.

I realy wanted a LTD-7string but he offered me that awsome deal.
So the specs are nearly like an ESP/LTD but with my special needs.

The guitar will get a top for sure. The builder told me that mahagony alone looks like this and it needs a top.

(Weiß nicht was Riegeldecke auf englisch heißt)

geriegelt kann dann ja noch geflammt oder mit wölkchen sein, oder seh ich das falsch?

for the English speaking guys, either a flamed or a quilted maple top if I got it right :D

geriegelt= flamed

das wäre flamed maple
image81.jpg

quilted maple
wood10.jpg

spalted maple
maple,%20spalted%20veneer%2009%20s25%20q60%20plh.jpg

:)