So my wife likes that gay System of a Down party song

J. said:
It's SOAD, so it's obvious he's not talking about a "party" in the truest sense of the word, because you know, SOAD is like deep, man. :rolleyes:

But all the kiddies and fans will most likely think this is a party song, and not give one hoot about the lyrics, unless they already know SOAD's tiresome political songs.

Blah, blah, blah.

At least they're saying something about the bullshit going on.

I wish Rage Against the Machine would get back together. Perfect timing, a Bush is in office again, which was the case when their first cd dropped, and if I hear Chris Cornell (who I do like... in Soundgarden) destroy another one of the Rage songs.... :ill:

I never cared much about RATM...I appreciated some of thier opinions but that Mumia al Jamal or whatever, jesus, he's as guilty as sin...sometimes these poseur radicals need to get down into the nuts and bolts of life like I face every day as a black man...er...as a relatively poor person, and maybe I could take their posturing a little more seriously.

I mean seriously...when they kick in your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun?

What are we gonna do now?
Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
'Cause they're working for the clampdown
They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
When we're working for the clampdown
We will teach our twisted speech
To the young believers
We will train our blue-eyed men
To be young believers

The judge said five to ten-but I say double that again
I'm not working for the clampdown
No man born with a living soul
Can be working for the clampdown
Kick over the wall 'cause government's to fall
How can you refuse it?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

The voices in your head are calling
Stop wasting your time, there's nothing coming
Only a fool would think someone could save you
The men at the factory are old and cunning
You don't owe nothing, so boy get runnin'
It's the best years of your life they want to steal

You grow up and you calm down
You're working for the clampdown
You start wearing the blue and brown
You're working for the clampdown
So you got someone to boss around
It makes you feel big now
You drift until you brutalize
You made your first kill now

In these days of evil presidentes
Working for the clampdown
But lately one or two has fully paid their due
For working for the clampdown

I said right at the beginning that there's too much singing on the new one, but that's because the GUITARIST is singing at least 50% of the vocals. Seriously, Serj Tankian took a back seat on this one which is a shame IMO because it's his vocals that steal the show on Toxicity (which is a great album, regardless of genre).

Still, if you don't like vocal styles that's one thing, but you can't deny that they at least sing about something relevant. If more mainstream folk buy into SOAD's opinions, the better. Yes, this is mainstream, I'd never deny that, but whatever...beats 50 Cent, Jessica Simpson, and Soilwork. :loco:

lizard said:
I never cared much about RATM...I appreciated some of thier opinions but that Mumia al Jamal or whatever, jesus, he's as guilty as sin...sometimes these poseur radicals need to get down into the nuts and bolts of life like I face every day as a black man...er...as a relatively poor person, and maybe I could take their posturing a little more seriously.

I mean seriously...when they kick in your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun?

Mumia Abu Jamal should be freed.

Obviously most here have probobly read the lyrics by now. And realized its not about a Party, and also reallized the lyrics are still fucking stupid and anoying and don't even mention booze or bitches once. sheesh.

PS: Ever friggin' Armenian name ever ends in 'arian. My mums fammily is Kazarian.

PPS: I'm a Macaroni Maniac, a Chedder Cheese Heart Attack.

KILL TULLY said:
Obviously most here have probobly read the lyrics by now. And realized its not about a Party, and also reallized the lyrics are still fucking stupid and anoying and don't even mention booze or bitches once. sheesh.

PS: Ever friggin' Armenian name ever ends in 'arian. My mums fammily is Kazarian.

You sound like a fucking jock. :tickled:

Papa Josh said:
You sound like a fucking jock. :tickled:

Haha, i am a fucking jock. Teh truthz comez out!

I got the "most athletic" award at my highschool graduation, hahaha, hows that for weieiriridd. Captain of all my teams, yeeyee....not that thats somthing that gives you bragging rights on a metal forum, hahaha.

i could easily win an athletic award, however I dislike all team sports (except playing hockey :p). Mostly cause I don't like having to rely on a team, cause most of the people on it are probably retards.

KILL TULLY said:
Haha, i am a fucking jock. Teh truthz comez out!

I got the "most athletic" award at my highschool graduation, hahaha, hows that for weieiriridd. Captain of all my teams, yeeyee....not that thats somthing that gives you bragging rights on a metal forum, hahaha.
dude thrash is hella the most "jock" metal subgenre...discounting jock metal (pantera) :lol:

and prog metal is the nerd subgenre