So the new Manowar...

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
The main problem with this album is, there is so much filler in the album that you just get bored of trying to find the metal. A dissection of the track-listing explains this:

01.Overture to the Hymn of the Immortal Warriors [06:19] < Symphony Peice
02.The Ascension [02:30] < Symphonic Peice/Narration/Singing Narration
03.King of Kings [04:17] < Metal/minute long narration in the middle of the song/Metal at the end. The actual song part of this kicks large amounts of ass though. catchy fuckin chorus too. Crack the Earth... GODS OF THUNDER!
04.Army of the Dead Part 1 [01:58] < A chorus narrating, and a horse walking.
05.Sleipnir [05:13] < Minute long narration/Half Decent song
06.Loki God of Fire [03:49] < A SONG! With no interruptions!
07.Blood Brothers [04:54] < Worst song on the album, just a really awful ballad.
08.Overture to Odin [03:41] < Another symphonic peice.
09.The Blood of Odin [03:57] < Another long ass narration. Though the end of the narration is pretty cool, heh.
10.Sons of Odin [06:23] < The best song on the album, easily.
11.Glory Majesty Unity [04:41] < symphonic peice/narration
12.Gods of War [07:25] < This song is ok, once again not all song
13.Army of the Dead Part 2 [02:20] < Its an Organ and a chorus... though at the end you can hear Eric do a pretty cool falsetto scream.
14.Odin [05:26] < This is ok... nothing special though.
15.Hymn of the Immortal Warriors [05:29] <I don't even know what to call this...
16.Die for Metal (Bonus Track) [05:16] < A "Chant" metal track. This is pretty cool, but lacking something. Will admit Eric's Falsetto's make my balls shrivel...

In the end, with the exception of a couple tracks, the album is really boring...

I really love Manowar, but all this naration and orchestral stuff is a bit much already. Why the hell do they tour with Crapsody?! You know this is their fault.

I think Joey is Rhapsody's manager, he said that Rhapsody and Hamerfall are pretty much the only band since manowar that are awesome.

dude's got taste.

He is their manager. I remember reading that on Blabbermouth and cringing.

I actually like some of Hammerfall's music, especially earlier on. But lately, they went too poppy for my tastes.
But Crapsody defines gay flower metal.

I liked both the first two Rhapsody albums and the first two Hamerfall's, but that was back when they came out around 97, when the scene was getting interesting again, now it's oversaturated with billions of clone bands.

I haven't heard a power metal album I liked since Nocturnal Rights - Afterlife.

I fuckin love Manowar, but the last album was pretty much shitty filler. Sounds like more of the same with the new one. I just wish they'd get Rhino back in on drums and return to the Majesty of The Triumph of Steel, Scott Columbus really is a poor drummer.

I liked both the first two Rhapsody albums and the first two Hamerfall's, but that was back when they came out around 97, when the scene was getting interesting again, now it's oversaturated with billions of clone bands.

I haven't heard a power metal album I liked since Nocturnal Rights - Afterlife.
Check out Tad Morose's Modus Vivendi. It came out like 3 or 4 years ago (it's been so long already?), but it is excellent. Really heavy power metal with a very strong Savatage influence