So the verdict is?

Yeah, I'm really exited about those unreleased songs... what are they? Colony exclusives or what? You'd think they'd be leaked by now if that's truly the case.

Just listened to the whole album again on a long road-trip and MY verdict, is that it gets extremely repetitive after the first 3 songs.

it deff. has more melodic lead work that STYE and CC but the song structures really kill the album

My opinion is that the new album is very good. Not sure if it beats CC, but those 2 are definitely a significant improvement over STYE and R2R, and so if they keep this up I'm happy. As for their live show, i thought it was great.

CC and ASOP better than Reroute?! Reroute is pretty much Clayman 2 with some more clean vocals! Kill the hedon!

Reroute is pretty much Clayman 2 with some more clean vocals!
facepalm.jpg

Haven't done that in a while...

After all these years, I finally love Reroute To Remain. I've been making a concentrated effort to get into it lately, and it's worked. The title track, System, Minus and Free Fall are fucking ACE tracks. Best nu-In Flames-core :)P) album.

Reroute to Remain is one of In Flames best albums in my opinion. It fucking kills ASOP and CC. It's great stuff, I've been arguementing for R2R for years, but people refuse to listen. I think that the biggest reason alot of people aren't into the album is the shit production. The songs are great though.

The production honestly makes me cry, because these songs are just so damn good. Transparent could have been an absolutely killer track, but I don't want to even begin discussing how bad the production of that song is.

I don't think it's one of the best albums dude. However System and Cloud Connected are 2 of In Flames best songs!

I would like that album much more if the production wasn't so shitty. Can barley hear that bass drum!

Wow, so much hate for Reroute...

We can argue over whether it's worthy of being compared to Clayman, but I think we can all say that Reroute blows the shit out of CC and ASOP?

^

Reroute edges out ASOP by the TINIEST little bit.

I actually really, really like ASOP.

But Come Clarity and Soundtrack? Yeah...fuck that

I agree that System is better then Cloud Connected... It`s just that I dont really like most of the keyboard parts in IF songs, and that intro/outro thingy in CC isn`t making me to jump... Its still good, just not as good as other stuff.

And about ASOP, I have also got bored from listening to album, about month ago, and now I am starting to listen to it again. The songs are more-less fine, the problem is in production... Sound is just too smooth, not enough groove and loudness like in other albums. Sometimes even sounds like Sonic Syndicate ffs. o_O

So, basicaly, if they`d remaster it, and change Anders vocals so there are some lower-pitches screams (come clarity alike) along those on the album, it would be killer. Probably the best next to Clayman, IMO.

ASOP got old so incredibly fast, I can't believe it. Maybe I just listened to it too much in the first couple of weeks after I bought it. Or maybe it just sucks.

I suppose time will tell. But the songs on ASOP that I was originally going insane over (Alias, The Chosen Pessimist, Move Through Me, Drenched In Fear) suddenly became almost painful and boring to sit through.