so this Frein guy......

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Apparently my area is on national news the past few weeks because of a cop-killer on the loose. People have been locking themselves indoors and police having been going insane trying to catch this dude, but with no luck.

They are about to pretty much shut-down the search. Not sure how I feel about that. But the guy is probably off in Mexico or Canada somewhere.

What gets me is - there is no actually PROOF that he was the shooter aside from his vehicle, shell casings, etc......But no one saw him take the shots or anything.

$1.6 Million reward for the guy.

It's insane what this lovely little area called the Poconos has become over the past decade.

Anyone hear of this? Thoughts?

Apparently my area is on national news the past few weeks because of a cop-killer on the loose. People have been locking themselves indoors and police having been going insane trying to catch this dude, but with no luck.

They are about to pretty much shut-down the search. Not sure how I feel about that. But the guy is probably off in Mexico or Canada somewhere.

What gets me is - there is no actually PROOF that he was the shooter aside from his vehicle, shell casings, etc......But no one saw him take the shots or anything.

$1.6 Million reward for the guy.

It's insane what this lovely little area called the Poconos has become over the past decade.

Anyone hear of this? Thoughts?

Wow, 1.6 Million for him. Wish I knew where he was!

He kinda looks like Stan Laurel.

He's a cop-killer? And people are locking themselves indoors? I would honestly feel safer outside if there was a dude roaming around killing cops; they're what I'm most afraid of 99% of the time.

"Authorities said Friday that the hard drive of a computer used by Frein provides evidence he had been planning an attack for years. They said Frein's Internet searches included sites on how to avoid police manhunts."

Pfft. This country is well on its way to the inevitable, which I am scared to write about these days with all the NSA pervs lurking everywhere. Sad.

Jeff - yeah, I can agree with that. They've been closing schools and everything over this. It appears he has a grudge against authority and most civilians would be safe. Still no reason to snipe a cop on a barracks though.

Genius - I actually haven't heard about the hard drive, that's news to me.

I really don't understand why the police believe to have him surrounded within 5 miles of his parents home when it's been over 2 weeks of manhunt. He's probably far, far away from this area....or dead somewhere.

Yea from what the major news outlets are saying, This guy is pretty much toast. but as of right now he's fourth place in the hide and seek championship game behind The Lock Ness Monster, Big Foot and Osama Bin Laden, I hope he doesn't hurt anyone else.