So this is the new layout.

I like the new look, I do have an issue though...seems like the threads keep their "new" status until I click on them while before I didn't need to do that, just visiting the subforum was enough, and I really preferred it that way. I don't want to have to click to each new thread to remove the "new" status. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to change it?

edit: Actually, I get every thread back to oct 22 as "new" right know...I'm supposed to click to dozens of threads in each subforum to remove the "new" status... wtf.

There's an option to choose Mark Forums Read, do it for every subforum in a few ticks and you're done.

MFR.jpg

Hey @MetalAges, not finding these two in the settings - are they not options with this platform?

1. Amount of posts per page shown - being able to show 50 posts per page was incredible

2. Hiding avatars - this was great for reducing load time on pages and shoring up the amount of space each post takes up. Without the images the pages become 2400px shorter (120px per image area * 20 posts).

Hey @MetalAges, not finding these two in the settings - are they not options with this platform?

1. Amount of posts per page shown - being able to show 50 posts per page was incredible

2. Hiding avatars - this was great for reducing load time on pages and shoring up the amount of space each post takes up. Without the images the pages become 2400px shorter (120px per image area * 20 posts).

Both of these I need to research more. Apparently it was by design out of the box to not allow user to change the posts per page (an oversight, I agree). Same for hiding avatars. Once I get some other stuff in order, I will revisit this.

Reactions: JeffTD
tumblr_kom5nkKiIN1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

Reactions: MetalAges
'Log in' link does not work. I have to open it in another tab. Other than that, very good design. Great work!!

@Keregioz On the top left, if you click "Mark Forums Read" it gives you the option to mark only the forum you re in as read.

@Heabow I haven't gotten this report form anyone else. What browser/device? Do you have some heavy duty blocking going on (the log in opens in a modal window, not a full pop up).

I'm running Firefox 42.0 with Adblock Plus on OS 10.8.5

I have FF 42 and all is well. I would imagine it may be the AdBlock killing the login modal window. Can you whitelist ultimatemetal.com and test that? For what it is worth, we only serve direct ads and have some amazon links - no google ads etc.

Oh I've already tested without Adblock. Same issue. Not that it's serious but just wanted to let you know.

Edit - disabled Adblock permanently for UM

Reactions: SocialNumb
@Keregioz On the top left, if you click "Mark Forums Read" it gives you the option to mark only the forum you re in as read.

Yes, another guy pointed that out already. Correct me if I'm wrong but It seems that I have to go through that step every time I visit the forum if I want to remove the "new" status from threads with new posts that I don't click on, right?

In the old forums this was done automatically, each time I visited it refreshed and only showed the new posts since the last time I visited (regardless of which thread I'd clicked on). It was way more convenient to be honest, if there's a way to make the forum behave like this again please let me know.

Correct (for now). I'm still getting used to/learning little nuances like that myself so tackling these things as I go. If I am able to make it work like old, it'll happen (I liked that as well).

I like it a lot :) Miss the red colours as I have seen it for a decade in the sneap subsection but oh well :)

Where can you make it 100% width as mentionned before ? I didn't find this option in the preferences ?