So where was everyone last night for Septic Flesh?

darkenedsoul

Darkened Soul
Sheesh, talk about folks not coming. Dan due to his teeth being yanked, didn't see Ari there. Mark was no-show (as expected), no bass-player Dave from SoB....

Turnout was pretty good actually. Septic Flesh was fucking awesome although the bass could have been up in the mix from the start. Still they were pretty energetic. Played mostly new(er) stuff. Satyricon was fucking AWESOME! They had FROST with them this time! He's a fucking maniac on the drums, I knew it had to be him due to his double kick style, you can't quite duplicate his feet playing! LOL. Cradle was ok, sound was not near as good as Satyricon's was IMHO, a bit muddied/muddled, female synth player has a pretty good voice. They played some old shit, a fair amount of new stuff (at least to me, I haven't been listening to their newer stuff since Nick was with them). But it was fucking COLD as hell outside that night. Also absolutely NO cameras allowed (fuckers! I wanted SF pictures and Satyricon pictures! ;-(). No balcony either so ti wasn't sold out/not expecting it to.

Saw kiki, metal george, jan/yan, colin and kim and some other folks but that was about it for who I recognized (oh scott from zircon was there as was Bill Zebub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

So I had a good time, took co-worker along, he enjoyed both SF (seeing them live as I had warped him with them from CD already) and Satyricon (liked them a lot actually). So maybe another convert, my job is done!

i was home....my contact at the palladium couldn't get me on the guestlist this time :(

that, plus i'm not into or familiar enough with any of the bands to spend the money, given how broke i am...

I was at the museum of science checking out unicorns and mermaids until 7:30.

The new Satyricon album is solid, The Age of Nero. They played a fair amount from it as well as other songs. It was sooooooooooooo fucking great to see Frost on the drums again. He was a fucking MANIAC on the skins the whole set banging his head the whole fucking set! They were tight, LOUD and awesome. They said they would be back around october so I will be definitely going again if they do come back this year. Great show even though CoF sort of bored me, their sound sucked compared to Satyricon and even Septic Flesh (they had low end issues or knob twiddling issues as the bass was kind of low for about half the set, then it got better. They were tight and aggressive/active towards the crowd. Too bad not a lot apparently know of them. I hope they make it back some time again too.

But the new Satyicon is definitely a keeper, guitar driver, pounding drums, aggressive, good shit!