So who is going for sure?

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
So I am at a major decision, and I need to decide between Powerfest or Nightmare fest.

Now here is what I figuring, the bands will be great at either fest, but what I am concerned about is,

Are my brothers of metal from PP gonna be there?!?!?

I wanna know which members of the PP clan are gonna be there because you guys make the fest that much more fun. I have heard very little talk of any members going to Powerfest, so at the moment I am leaning towards Nightmare.

So let a Biffle know, foh sheezy!

Now here is what I figuring, the bands will be great at either fest, but what I am concerned about is,

Are my brothers of metal from PP gonna be there?!?!?
Don't forget your metal sisters like me! :Shedevil:
I wanna know which members of the PP clan are gonna be there because you guys make the fest that much more fun. I have heard very little talk of any members going to Powerfest, so at the moment I am leaning towards Nightmare.
I really want to go to Nightmare Fest and right now if I only had to choose between this and ChicagoPF, it would definitely be Nightmare Fest. The problem is that it's not just those two festivals.

I've got my Gold Badge and there's no way in hell that I'm missing PP. :headbang:

It would also be pretty shitty of me to skip/miss FotV since:
  • It is a festival that I am a big advocate for as far as the style of metal.
  • I want to see it last for the long haul and I've heard that the first 2-3 years are the toughest for festivals, so this is a critical year for us.
  • I have been one of the main promoters for the festival. I'd feel like a hypocrite for not going.
  • I have already invested a lot of my own time, energy and even some money into to pushing it to be a success.
So the absolutes on my list are Prog Power and Flight of the Valkyries, but I really would like to go the Nightmare Fest as well. It's just going to depend on if I have the money, the leave from work (another major factor), and on how many more bands that I really deeply care about (not just know I'll like 'cause they're on Nightmare's label) get put on the bill.
Edit: Oh shit! I forgot! Not to mention that the festival is on the weekend of Easter and my family will give me so much shit for not being there. I got a hard enough time last year when I went to FotV on Father's Day weekend.

Sorry, Ian, I just can't give a definite answer at this point. Damn it! Why can't I just win the lottery, quite my job, and bounce from festival to festival all year long. :headbang: There goes my wishful thinking again. :lol:
So I am at a major decision, and I need to decide between Powerfest or Nightmare fest.
Does that mean your no longer even considering FotV as you mentioned on the thread on the PP forum? :cry:

Does that mean your no longer even considering FotV as you mentioned on the thread on the PP forum? :cry:

Of course I am considering it, but thats a summer fest. For the summer it maybe between MADfest and FotV. I have the benefit of a financial help from my parents and make pretty good so I can go on a whim sometimes it just depends.

Though I am going to try to stop going out almost all together since it is way cheaper and that way I can save money to see all of my metal BROTHERS and SISTERS across the nation.

Of course I am considering it, but thats a summer fest. For the summer it maybe between MADfest and FotV. I have the benefit of a financial help from my parents and make pretty good so I can go on a whim sometimes it just depends.

Though I am going to try to stop going out almost all together since it is way cheaper and that way I can save money to see all of my metal BROTHERS and SISTERS across the nation.
Oh goody! Then if things work out in both our favors than perhaps Nick and I will get to see you three times this year (NMF, FOTV, & PP) instead of just one. At least I sure as hell hope so! :headbang:

Hey, I'm driving from KC to Powerfest, and if I had a shotgun to split gas costs and driving I would consider driving down to Nightmare Fest (depending on the final lineup). Got to figure either way for gas costs about $120 for two people, if we had a third or fourth (I've got a Ford Focus) to split costs it could be even cheaper. Ditto splitting hotel costs. I'm pretty much a road warrior as I am probably going to FOTV this year as well since its only about seven ours from KC to Minnesota, Rocklahoma, and a great bill of Dangerous Toys, Rhino Bucket and Junkyard in February down in TUlsa OK, plus Manilla Road in Wichita on the way home. Also going to Germany in April ing for Keep It True X, can't wait for that. Second European festival and time to go over the pond. Wish I could make it to the summer show Headbanger's Open Air, what a lineup that is.

There is no way I am driving to FLA sorry man, but thats like a 24 hour drive. I would consider the Powerfest gas split as long as you are going on Thursday for Paganfest, but I cant miss that.

It's not 24 hours...LOL, only 20. So yeah probably a bit of a drive, I would fly if I go too. Thats okay, I don't know if I'm going ot it for sure anyway. Powerfest, not sure if I would go up to Paganfest or not, but if it works out cool.