So is BAR Fest '08 going down or what?

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
Is BAR Fest going down in '08 or what? If so, what month? I want to know so I can make plans and start saving, getting my vacation time ready.

Because I am SO there next year :)

If you dudes are going ahead with it, please see if you can arrange a discounted rate for hotels or something :) (like they do at Prog Power). Last year, the hotel expenses were a bit steep.

The Michael

Hopefully we can get some dates soon. I know i have to take my vacations for the next year before the start of the year....and i'd like to make BARfest week a vacation week. So Dave, you think you will have the dates announced in the next month or so?

Rock On!!! :kickass:

I have a feeling that this is not happening. For it to go down in May, some acts already needed to be booked. Unless John is pushing this to November, he is going to have to leap some hoops to get it done for May. If nothing is announced in the next few weeks, it could be well assured that BARFest 2008 is not happaning.

I have a feeling that this is not happening. For it to go down in May, some acts already needed to be booked. Unless John is pushing this to November, he is going to have to leap some hoops to get it done for May. If nothing is announced in the next few weeks, it could be well assured that BARFest 2008 is not happaning.

Some bands may be booked. :) We may just not know about it yet. I hope this is the case. I mean look over at Chicago Powerfest....they are just announcing the first of their lineup, and that festival is dated for May 1-3. So we still have time. I just hope to hear something soon. I gotta choose my vacation weeks within the next three days...i was hoping to take that week as one of them. Looks like that's not gonna happen....but we still have hope. Don't give up hope yet. Here's a portrait of me in May in the Bay...:kickass:

Actually, you'd be surprised. He put things together pretty quickly last year too. I can say for sure, but I do believe he started somewhere around November.

I hope it does happen!

Who is John?
David, Bear and I did put last year's show together pretty fast if I remember correctly.
:Smug:

Did I hear Crickets chirping?

Yep. I think it's safe to say that you did. But you are just as guilty as the rest of us. :p Hopefully with the news about BARfest the forum will start to come alive a bit once again. It's on! And i am beyond relieved. I was starting to worry for a bit there not having heard anything for a while. But now we can get ready to rock. Since PP USA is just not happening for me this year, i am beyond thrilled that BARfest II is set. Rock On All!!! :kickass: