Who is going to MDF '10

Are you going to MDF 2010?

• Total voters

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
Maryland Deathfest is upon us once again, my friends. For those unfamiliar with this annual thread, this is where people who are trying to hook up with hotel roommates can make themselves known so we can get everyone buddied up and save epic bux on the rooms.

So yeah, same deal as last year. Post and/or vote your status on whether you're going to MDF, and I'll keep a tally of confirmed attendees in this post. Please indicate in your post whether you've gotten your ticket yet, as this is helpful info to have. Once we accumulate enough respondents we can start figuring out how people will be grouping up for rooms, who in each group will be booking the room, etc.

I assume that most of us will be doing a more free association type of arrangement this time since we have a lot more 21-and-olders now and because certain roommates from last time proved to be a royal pain in the ass. :) The most important thing will probably be to figure out who among us is going to be doing the hardest partying, and stick all those people in a room together so they can destroy their room, get kicked out by management, and sleep on the street at their own pleasure.

Oh, I almost forgot: I've been in support of having an extra non-Fest day of hanging out (i.e. for sightseeing, bar-hopping, restaurant-going, etc.) for a while now. We thought about doing some of that stuff last time on the Monday after, but it turned out that we were all too tired to do anything after a whole weekend of partying and concerts. My proposal this time is for those who are interested to come to Baltimore on Thursday, that way we have time to do extra fun stuff without having the constant rush to see the concerts in our way. So, indicate in the thread if you would like to come to Baltimore 1 day early for non-Fest activities. I strongly encourage you all to do this since we only see each other once a year and three days simply isn't enough time to hang out!

Happy posting. :kickass:

The kiddie/some grown-ups room (7):

Addo_Of_Nex
Master_Yoda77
+ 3 friends
mutantllama
Eligos

The all grown-ups/party room (8):

vihris-gari
Cythraul
Zephyrus
+ Kevin
cookiecutter
V.V.V.V.V.
+ Dan
VelociBrad

Undecided
Anticitizen One
c_ck.scientist
Crapples
Evil?
Srontgorrth
WeAreInFlames

Would love to go, but there is no way I can plan that far in advance. I have no idea what will be going on in 5-6 months. the lone up is killer though. I wanted to go last year but that didn't happen either. I envy those who live close enough for it not to be too big of a production. I am going to try and start saving some cash to make the journey. Maybe some of us Michigan folk could car-pool and save on some gas money.

Oh, does anyone know if we should be ditching the Tremont Plaza for the Sheraton? I recall someone saying it was more laid-back over there.

Would love to go, but there is no way I can plan that far in advance. I have no idea what will be going on in 5-6 months. the lone up is killer though. I wanted to go last year but that didn't happen either. I envy those who live close enough for it not to be too big of a production. I am going to try and start saving some cash to make the journey. Maybe some of us Michigan folk could car-pool and save on some gas money.

You should just move here while you're at it. Fuck Michigan. :lol:

I'm going to hold off on voting in the poll because I need to talk some things over with my parents, but I'm almost assuredly going.

We can figure out room arrangements as we get closer to may, but I was thinking that we should split up into party and non-party rooms. Not to say that people in the non-party rooms can't enjoy the festivities, but they should have stricter lights out rules (2 or 3 am or something) to prevent annoying drunk people knocking on the door at 5 am.

I can't wait to see all these awesome bands and see you guys again :kickass:

It will definitely be more fun for me if I am able to go to MDF IX since I won't have money to go to this one, cause I'll be turning 21 in September. Evil?, if I have money to go to MDF IX I'll definitely help you with gas if you want to drive, I don't have a car, and I don't forsee owning one a year from now. Kind of early to be planning for that far ahead but just letting you know that if I am in funds, we should definitely go.

We can figure out room arrangements as we get closer to may, but I was thinking that we should split up into party and non-party rooms. Not to say that people in the non-party rooms can't enjoy the festivities, but they should have stricter lights out rules (2 or 3 am or something) to prevent annoying drunk people knocking on the door at 5 am.

Yeah, having quiet hours for certain rooms sounds like a good idea. Anyone staying in one of those rooms can always just hang out in another room if they're staying up late.

I just updated the OP with this - please read if you haven't already:

Oh, I almost forgot: I've been in support of having an extra non-Fest day of hanging out (i.e. for sightseeing, bar-hopping, restaurant-going, etc.) for a while now. We thought about doing some of that stuff last time on the Monday after, but it turned out that we were all too tired to do anything after a whole weekend of partying and concerts. My proposal this time is for those who are interested to come to Baltimore on Thursday, that way we have time to do extra fun stuff without having the constant rush to see the concerts in our way. So, indicate in the thread if you would like to come to Baltimore 1 day early for non-Fest activities. I strongly encourage you all to do this since we only see each other once a year and three days simply isn't enough time to hang out!

I'll have to ask Yoda if he already booked a room, otherwise there's a good chance we'll both be staying in the UM rooms (with an additional friend or two). He may have already booked our room at the Radisson though, and I haven't had a chance to talk to him in a while.

Ah, well I'm going to be arriving in Baltimore on that Thursday around noon so that'd be a definite possibility.