So...why was the Stryper thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth Kur said:
What I can't fathom is that how can you have an avatar of the "666" from Deicide's Insineratehymn and then tout the "splendor" of an ultra bible bashing x-tian band such as Stryper. They are the antithesis of everything your avatar stands for.
All bullshit religion dogma aside they are also diametrically opposite musically as well. Don't get me wrong, I like more than just one genre of music, so I'm not saying "if it ain't brutal then it sucks" but Stryper were just plain awful. I remember them far too well..heh heh. I recall when they first formed and created so much hype as "holy metal" with tossing small bible's out into the crowd and all.
Anyways.........whatever floats your boat I guess. I just assumed you were stirring up a shitstorm for the sake of doing so.
Meh.
Well thanx...some of Deicides lyrics are very true, but some of the Stryper songs are true too, I dont really bold the lyrics, the music is what counts :headbang:
and I think throwing bibles is better than spilling blood or goat heads at the croudes?

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I dont think he was trying to stir up shit.. he is new to the site and he thinks it is a "General Music Discussion" forum of which we know its not.. its just a extreme metal forum being selectively MOD'd ... as for the Stryper and Deicide comment about him.. i dont think Blizzard is into the lyrics just the music of the bands... i listen to some BM but i dont believe in the bands beliefs that are sung in their songs.. thats just me though <shrugs> i just listen to it for the music... lyrics are just dressing that i might sing to but not believe in...
Hmmm....I really thought it was the 'General Music Discussion', I never thinked it could be a 'Extreme Metal' Section.
Now I will know thought, Sorry for the Stryper post, now I understand why people wer'e so negative. :wave:

He wasn't saying that :rolleyes: He was implying that my moderation is biased towards extreme metal, which is a statement founded on absolutely nothing but a general dislike for me.

Erik, GoD won't open the thread again temporarily, so I'll post it here.

this is totally not a personal insult I'm just helping a brotha out yo

thx

getout2.gif

This may also have been appropriate under the circumstances.

shitthread.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.