So...

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
Anyone take a look at the ozzfest page today? Added to the mainstage were Avenged Sevenfold (expected, shit with shit) and Dragonforce (WTF? Why Dragonforce, why?)...

So that makes it 2 bands that I'd bother to see, SYL and Dragonforce... What a year :puke:

Well, actually 3 and a half: Between the Buried and Me are pretty fucking sweet, and Lacuna Coil I'd stick around for a bit till the hot topic goths annoyed me to much...

hey now, it was great through '98

edit: well, 98 was half ok.. I just remembered limp bizkit :s

ugh and a few others.. ok i'm backtracking to '97

Avenged Sevenfold suck imo, so does Dragonforce. Too much wanking.

Between The Buried and Me, however, rule. I'm looking forward to their covers album coming out soon.

gr1mness is it's own festival

... Immortal, Emperor, Mayhem, Burzum... all on one bill..... somehow... now THAT is a festival. I would shit my pants!

I liked Ozzfest 99. Slayer was decent, but too many 'slayerized' fans... y'knw the ones, they think that Slayer is the only band to listen to. I was introduced to Pushmonkey that year, and though they aren't "metal", I like em, they're unique. Godsmack puts on a good show. Rob Zombie was funny and fun to watch. And Primus kicked all ass! I will ALWAYS go see Primus!

Seems to be the common 4 bands all around... You know something funny though? I guess Between the Buried and Me is classified as Hardcore (I don't see how), so watch out for ninja wannabe's.