Sodom

It's time to die
Death stands behind the door
Satan sends his warriors
Demons break out from hell!

In other words: They rock, In the Sign of Evil rocks the most.

Agent Orange and Code Red are my favorites, Persecution Mania and M16 being close follow-ups.

I prefer their pure thrash albums over their blacky and punky stuff.

I am really into german thrash, as well as bay area, but they have their own scene which I love (you get what I mean right?) so sodom is an important character to me, but I do have to say I prefer destruction and kreator over them. I am wearing my destruction patch as I post.

The saYer said:
I am really into german thrash, as well as bay area, but they have their own scene which I love (you get what I mean right?) so sodom is an important character to me, but I do have to say I prefer destruction and kreator over them. I am wearing my destruction patch as I post.
\m/ Thats fucking metal! Destruction Rules!! I never could get into Sodom. I don't know why.

Sodom? Ha, I've been into them since The Mortal Way Of Live came out back in 1988. Were my favorite Thrash band for a long time but left me rather pissed and indifferent while the mid-90s. Masquerade In Blood sucks elephant dick, that's for sure! Anyway, if I were to recommend some of their stuff I'd suggest these:
Agent Orange
Code Red
Persecution Mania
M-16
Tapping The Vein
Of course, that depends on whether you prefer the songs with the catchy hooklines or the highspeed thrashers. If it's the hooks then go for M-16 and Agent Orange. For Metal mayhem pick up the rest of the list. You hear me, Jonny?
In The Sign Of Evil and especially Obsessed By Cruelty are a totally different matter though. Personally I like em both very much. But I do understand everyone who complains about them. Those are more for the die hards, I suppose. Early Black Metal with a production so crappy it makes early Venom albums sound totally clean and well-balanced.
Anybody of you guys ever listened to the European LP version of OBC? I'm just asking, cause as this topic surfaced I might as well put an end to that rumour going on about that record. I know that the tracklist on the CD doesn't match the actual songs. Well, for everybody still wondering what went wrong there: there are two different versions of the album. The printed tracklist is from the re-done version while the songs on the CD are the originals. Sodom changed the intro and the tracklist, improved the production and the songs a bit. And yes, this seemingly non-existing track After The Deluge is NOT just a myth! I have it. Don't know why the label never released the proper version. Speaking about it - does anybody know if the re-done version was released on CD in another country?

DrillSergeant said:
Sodom? Ha, I've been into them since The Mortal Way Of Live came out back in 1988. Were my favorite Thrash band for a long time but left me rather pissed and indifferent while the mid-90s. Masquerade In Blood sucks elephant dick, that's for sure! Anyway, if I were to recommend some of their stuff I'd suggest these:
Agent Orange
Code Red
Persecution Mania
M-16
Tapping The Vein
Of course, that depends on whether you prefer the songs with the catchy hooklines or the highspeed thrashers. If it's the hooks then go for M-16 and Agent Orange. For Metal mayhem pick up the rest of the list. You hear me, Jonny?
I hear you Loud and Clear Sarge.... *Over*

Someone mentioned the punky stuff. I'm not into those as much as their thrash, which is most of their stuff. I downloaded their demo, Victims of Death, and it is nowhere near as good as their pure thrash stuff.