Software for a pad kontrol

TheUnknown

May 11, 2009
A friend of mine who acquired one of these who actually never used it is giving me this thing to use for as long as I like. I looked at a few youtube videos of this thing and thought I'd try to do some electronical death metal music type stupid thing with it, Hahaha...anyway seeing as the thing really wasn't his he nor I have any idea what type of software this thing needs to actually use it, and from all of the videos I've watched on youtube I can't really tell what those pieces of software are? So anybody have 1 of these things, or any idea whats a good piece of software to use with it would be. Preferably not expensive due to the fact that I really don't own this thing but would like to utilize it for a fun new project. Although if I were to find some software that made this thing do intense shit he said he'd give the thing to me for $50?

I'm assuming you are talking about the Korg padkontrol. It's just a midi device so any type of sampler would go well with the drum pads and you can use the X/Y pad for synths. Use whatever software you want with it, but no software is going to make it do any "intense shit" because it's just a midi device. Personally I use mine with Reason and sometimes Superior.