problems with cracking in software

emerica167852

Apr 6, 2010
Michigan
So im having this problem when i get to the end of my session and get a few plugins in and the software starts to lag and crack and cause the audio to stop... pain in the ass. So i thought it was a cpu overload error cause i use to use an old single core processor pc. Now i gotta new computer with a dual core 2.3 ghz and 3 gigs of ram and its still doing the same thing... even worse. Im starting to think its my software( sony acid pro). but could there be anything else?? mabey my buffer settings??

my interface is a tascam us 1641.. and my playback buffer is set to .008 secs (its faded and i dont see a way to change it) and my track buffer is at .25 secs

it's most likely your buffer size. I get the same thing with my Profire and, actually, now that I think of it.....I've gotten this issue with NO interface hooked up at all. I worked on my bands demo about a year ago and had upwards of 14 tracks running simultaneously, with FX on most of them, when it started becoming a problem.

Now - I can have 4 tracks total running, with FX on each, and it may start to bog.

Make sure your power options are set to "High Performance". This works wonders for me. (this may only be on laptops though?)

i set my track buffer all the way to 2 secs and it helped out a lot. i can playback actually and it actually will play. just ocasionally it will crack and stuff. But part of that could be cause i did a few drum edits and didnt print them when i was done.