Software for techno music?

- Nexus.
- Sylenth1.
- Toxic III.
- Toxic Biohazard.
- Vanguard.
- FL studio.
- Reason.

And that's about it what i use for techno/trance kind of stuff Jevil.. i would try the demos first and see if you can dig them as much as i can.
- imposcar

If demos are limited in time I think I can manage to do my job in 2 days and never use it again. So it would be great. I remember in 1998, I had a program called Rebirth. That is the last time I used that kind of software.

Sylenth1 kicks ass. Super huge and warm "analog" like no other out there.
Korg Legacy Collection, analog and digital.
Cakewalk Rapture
Rob Papen Predator
NI Absynth 5 for the crazier stuff. Good for eiri soundscapes and then some.

Reason is big fav of a lot of people out there. I don't dig it much personally.
Then you got the monster that is NI's Reaktor 5. I mainly stay away from that one because I get lost messing about for hours and before I know it I've got nothing resembling a song. :Spin: That being said, it kick ass!

Edit: Never mind then, I thought you might have needed something more long term.

If demos are limited in time I think I can manage to do my job in 2 days and never use it again. So it would be great. I remember in 1998, I had a program called Rebirth. That is the last time I used that kind of software.

hahah I remember Rebirth. That thing sucked :D

Ableton Live? Dunno if it would be suitable for what you want but Ableton Intro is cheaper than Reason and you can make beats with whatever samples you want using an instrument called Impulse (included). Just an idea.

It seems most guys who make electronic music use Ableton Live. I don't have much experience with Albeton, but most people I know who do electronica seriously use it for whatever reason...

As for soft synths, I definitely agree with Sylenth1, Vanguard, Absynth, etc.

Absynth is my favorite for spacey, ambient, atmospheric stuff, and both Sylenth1 and Vanguard are awesome for thick Virus-like trance leads.

Nexus is awesome too. Really, there are a lot of very good soft synths...