Convert WAV into Slate's NKI ???

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hey

I'm currently programming some drums for a project, I'm using Slate samples as usually. They sound great. But I also have tons of great samples in Wav format that would fit more the music and what I wanna reach sound wise.

I use to program the drums with Slate sounds, then I record each track + rooms etc. just as if it was a real kit (I even include bleed in oh, toms... sounds too much but it really helps to improve the result) and sometimes I replace them with other samples (WAV converted into TCI) via Trigger.

The dilemma is that its pretty much more difficult and a lot more work to replace ghost notes and stuff I already write than actually program them with the samples I wanna use for the final product. So in a perfect world I would be able to program drums - in Kontakt - with MY samples directly - I would save a LOT of time and would have a better result for sure.

Question: Is there a software to convert WAV into NKI (Slate format for Kontakt)?

Thanks in advance!!!

I think you mean KONTAKT format for KONTAKT. That program is called KONTAKT.
you just drag your samples into the mapping part of it. It's fairly simple, or as complicated as you want.

ps, I'm not yelling, the product is spelled with allcaps.

Yep, slate uses kontakt, kontakt doesn't use slate :s

You will need kontakt 4 or 5 etc, not kontakt player that comes free with slate.

Thanks! Yep, I wasn't that clear. I have Kontakt 4 and NKI is its format, ok ;)
I saw one vid on youtube explaining this, followed the steps but it doesn't work...

@Fandus: I got Kontakt 4 when I purchased Steven Slate Drums EX (then I upgraded EX to Platinum)

I'm afraid you're right Ahjteam.
I have Kontakt Player. Mmmm so I gotta get Kontakt. As I'm broken, I'll keep replacing via Trigger... fuck!

Thanks for your help

I am converting Sly's drum library and Lasse's drum library into kontakt format for my own purposes and also sending them back to Sly and Lasse. Maybe they will include them in their drum libraries which would be helpful for people like you.