soilent green - new orleans death/grind

deathfalls

Jan 7, 2002
Louisiana, USA
Visit site
these guys are incredible, death metal/grind mixed with a touch of southern rock... hehe, i have to promote my local bands, so you'll be seeing a few posts on here about louisiana bands...mainly new orleans/baton rouge area bands.

albums:

pussysoul - this is their debut cd, damn good shit, released on dwell records.

sewn mouth secrets - their first release on relapse...my favorite tracks are build fear, so hatred, her unsober ways, sewn mouth secrets, and emptiness found.

string of lies (EP) - some songs from sewn mouth secrets and a kick-ass track called "cat with nine claws"

a deleted symphony for the beaten down - their newest release on relapse, came out in september 2001... probably my favorite cd by them. highlight songs: hand me downs, swallowhole, afterthough of a genius, later days, and she cheated on you twice.

they're also about to release a split EP with eyehategod containing completely new material by both bands.

if you get a chance to see these guys live, don't miss it...killer show. although i don't know when they'll be touring again, since they were in a wreck in december i believe, and two of the band members broke some bones and shit.

http://www.soilentgreen.net

:headbang: Soilent Green are a great band. I really wish I could have seen them open for GWAR in Winston-Salem, but they weren't on the tour because of the accident. I didn't even go because I was mainly going to see them. :(

I love the NOLA scene. I am a huge Acid Bath fan and anything Dax Riggs is involved with. I would love to make it down there to see Deadboy sometime soon.

I really love the music scene there and the overall sound of all of the bands. See ya...

awesome man! glad to see other people enjoying the NOLA scene... yeah i went to the gwar show in new orleans last month, but soilent didn't play cuz of the wreck...goatwhore played in their place, which ben from soilent is in...but i haven't really heard them yet (we got to the show kinda late so we missed them play), so i'm not sure how they sound. gwar kicked ass though.

Yeah, I haven't really listened to too much of Goatwhore. It's good stuff but just not exactly my thing.

I wish I had gone to see GWAR now but oh well.

Are there any NOLA festivals once a year that all of the good bands play at? I was just curious because I'd like to make it down there soon, but I would like to see all of the talented bands at once....I know, I'm greedy! ;)

ah, a fellow louisianian... \m/

nah, it wasn't that bad of an accident...brian and scott had like broken collerbones and shit, but everybody else was okay...they'll be playing again once those two heal up...

Man, God Forbid fucking rules. As a band, and as dudes. Those dogs hook me up with beer everytime, we're budz, heheh. Anyways, man, they rock.

J

I saw Solient Green open up for Gwar in Memphis, TN on April 5th. I thought they were great that night. Gwar was pretty good too. I haven't been down to New Orleans lately because I go to school in north Mississippi, but I would love to go check out the Down show in May.

Wow, you're from Oxford. I used to live in Water Valley but moved to Charlotte to live with my older brother(who went to Ole Miss). My mom still lives there and works at Ole Miss. You are the only person on the Ultimate Metal forums from MS that I've seen. That's wild.

I see that you are listening to Blind Guardian. Are you going to ProgPower3.0 in Atlanta this year? They will be making their first US appearance there. It's gonna be a great festival.

I used to know a guy named Griff from Water Valley...that would be too coincidental.

Nah, I'm not that guy from Water Valley. I'm from Brandon down around Jackson and I go to Ole Miss. (workin on my 5th year)
I'm gonna be in summer school all summer so I don't think I'm gonna make it to Atlanta. I would love to go, but I just don't think I can.

Oh, well nice to "meet" you. That's a shame you can't make it to ProgPower this year. It's gonna be great. I am not sure how I'll work around exams because I understand they are around that time. Ewww, summer school. That's no fun. Well, see you around.

soilent was involved in another wreck recently...both of ben's legs are broken, or that's what has been said. and the stand-in bass player (jon i believe his name is) was hurt also...everyone else made it through alright apparently. talk about fucking bad luck :(