Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast

I certifiably am in love with this album. Great flow, and every single song rules.

also kudos to them for the CERTIFIABLY FUCKING DEATH METAL section in Let This River Flow.

From the guy who likes Bloodbath.....

What does that have to do with anything you wretling lovin moron. I love both bands and I enjoy the new Soilwork album a lot, but not huge on the softer "ballade" kinds of song. Still, its of course the best release from them in years.

What does that have to do with anything you wretling lovin moron. I love both bands and I enjoy the new Soilwork album a lot, but not huge on the softer "ballade" kinds of song. Still, its of course the best release from them in years.

Wrestling?lol It's called Mixed Martial Arts.

Anyway, the comment was pointing out aug has pretty bad taste.

Just wondering, which songs do you think are "ballads"? Soilwork's only done a couple songs I would consider ballad-y (they're really more akin to radio rock, though), such as Departure Plan and Exile to some extent. Let This River Flow is actually pretty fucking brutal with a very atypical structure for Soilwork. Indeed, a lot of these songs play with more developed, evolving structures which is unusual for Soilwork (they rarely write songs over the 4 minute mark). Epitome is the only other song I could really consider "ballad-y", and, again, it's more radio rock (sounds a hell of a lot like Deftones), but the buildup and insanely climactic, tension filled solo section strictly delineate it from "ballads", as you call them. That's just what I think though...I fail to see how anything on this CD could be seen as anything other than what is natural for the band.

Alright, so it's early in the tour, so Speed's vocals were not shot to hell like they sometimes are towards the end of Soilwork's often quite extensive tour schedules...so that was good. He sounded tops for a lot of songs, but he also lazed out (per usual for him, really) on a few songs like Rejection Role. Here's the setlist; it's heavily geared toward the newer material (last 5, not much first 3...two songs total :|):

Late for the Kill, Early for the Slaughter
Night Comes Clean (for the win live)
Overload
As We Speak
The Flameout
Deliverance is Mine
Nerve
20 More Miles (out of all the songs from STAGD, this one? wat)
The Crestfallen (snore)
Let This River Flow (excellent live, though the mid-section was meh)
Chainheart Machine
Rejection Role
Neurotica Rampage (again, why this one? it's like the worst song on APP aside from Grand Failure Anthem)
Natural Born Chaos
Follow the Hollow

encore:
Stabbing the Drama

Crowd was alright, petered out towards middle. Disappointed in Sylvain's playing, but the mixing had a bit to do with it, as his parts of solos were inconsistent in volume and tone, but whenever he harmonized with Wichers he sounded kind of garbage, which was bad. Dirk is a fucking beast.

20 More Miles is probably a "break" song for Speed, since the vocals are kinda meh on that song.

Not the best setlist in the world, but at least they aren't doing like most bands with a new album do, which is to play the entire new album straight through and then tack 3-4 older songs on at the end.

Fucking disappointed I missed the first two songs on the set, as I wanted so bad to hear Late for the Kill, but was drinking and talking to Cyth in the bar next door (drinks in the venue were retardedly overpriced).

I walked in at the tail end of Night Comes Clean. Overall a kickass set. Speed was definitely on point, we had a pretty weak crowd though. The place was really packed for Dark Tranquility a few years ago, so I figured Soilwork and Death Angel could pull the same crowd, although ASU isn't in session right now like then, so no college students to draw on I guess.

All the bands were great, excluding Mutiny Within and the local trash.