Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast

Hanso

Apr 24, 2001
Geelong
Visit site
Hi, has anyone else listened to this album? The last soilwork cd I liked of was figure number five, I lost interest in the band after that but I am loving the new cd.

I'm also looking forward to seeing them live again later this year :headbang:

I have never really paid too much to the band at all, I only have natural born chaos and FN5, beyond that have never really investigated them, but all the chatter about this album makes me think I should get it

yeah, given it plenty of spins, I quite like it, although the first song grates on me a little. Of the last five albums at the moment I would probably say Stabbing the Drama is my favourite, but ask any other day I might say something else.

Figure Number Five is easily my fav of theirs, but Stabbing The Drama is probably a good second. Great band.

I have had the new one in my car for a few spins and it is quite enjoyable. Glad I got the digipack as the bonus track is a great song.

They are touring in Oct, pretty sure I will hit it up.

I've only heard Figure Number Five and Natural Born Chaos, love both of them. No idea why I never checked out any of their other stuff.

I prefer the stuff before Figure Number Five. Stabbing and Sworn weren't very good IMO.

I find that interesting, I started listening to Soilwork with NBC, FNF and STD all at once, and never really noticed much difference in style and certainly not in consistency. Sworn I find a little bit different and Panic even more again...

I've been meaning to explore pre-NBC for a while now.

NBC is when Hevy Devy started producing vocals and yeah, is when the clean choruses became the focal point of the songs. I prefer it that way, I think pre NBC they were just another Melo-Death band, but on NBC, FNF and STD in particular they offer something more original with stronger songwriting. Well, it was original at the time anyway, I think the metalcore genre has kinda raped that style quite a bit since then, but Soilwork did it first and they did it the best.

I'm still loving this album. For me Peter Wichers was what was missing from the last 2 albums. I realise they aren't a huge band but it's still a nice surprise that tickets to their shows are $50.

The setlist looks awesome!!

1.Late for the Kill, Early for the Slaughter
2.Night Comes Clean
3.Overload
4.As We Speak
5.The Flameout
6.Deliverance Is Mine
7.Nerve
8.20 More Miles
9.The Crestfallen
10.Two Lives Worth of Reckoning
11.Let This River Flow
12.The Chainheart Machine
13.Drum Solo
14.Rejection Role
15.Bastard Chain
16.Follow The Hollow
Encore:
17.Natural Born Chaos
18.Stabbing The Drama

I've not listened to them a lot since they changed styles, but saw them at the HiFi a few years ago. Their first two albums are my favourites, but I should really check out their latest sometime.