Soilwork

Anneke

Mistress
Mar 7, 2003
Antwerpen - Belgium
www.photopit.be
Guess I'll make a new thread.. Someone asked when the new Soilwork album was coming out. Well, i was released here in Europe April 21th. Release date for America is set at the 6th of May.. But I can tell you, this is a fucking great album. Much like Natural Born Chaos, a perfect mix of brutal energy (Figure Number Five) and deeply felt songs (Departure Plan)..
The fansite will be up again soon.. A friend of mine offered the guy that runs the site a cheap hosting.. The official site will be up again at www.soilwork.org
I also bought The Defaced yesterday. Henri Ranta from Soilwork is a member and so are two guys from Darkane.. If you like Soilwork, you'll love this..
One more week and I get to see Soilwork live again.. :hotjump:o_O:loco:

Anneke said:
Guess I'll make a new thread.. Someone asked when the new Soilwork album was coming out. Well, i was released here in Europe April 21th. Release date for America is set at the 6th of May.. But I can tell you, this is a fucking great album. Much like Natural Born Chaos, a perfect mix of brutal energy (Figure Number Five) and deeply felt songs (Departure Plan)..
The fansite will be up again soon.. A friend of mine offered the guy that runs the site a cheap hosting.. The official site will be up again at www.soilwork.org
I also bought The Defaced yesterday. Henri Ranta from Soilwork is a member and so are two guys from Darkane.. If you like Soilwork, you'll love this..
One more week and I get to see Soilwork live again.. :hotjump:o_O:loco:

I agree that the album is very good. I do not understand the bad press that the record has been getting.

It's definitely my least favorite disc from them. It has some good songs on it, but, for the most part, the material sounds like leftovers that weren't good enough for NBC. I sure miss the scorching leads that were on the first two Soilwork discs.

-Mark

I have to agree with the negative comments. The first Soilwork I heard was Chainheart Machine just after it was released. A classic if you ask me. I got the first album as soon as I could. The combination of the "scorching leads" and rough vocals from Peter were irresistible.

When they started mixing in clean vocals and holding back on the aggressive leads, the magic was gone.

I still cherish the first two albums but I am not particularity interested anymore in what they now do.

Lucky for me Peter is fronting Terror 2000, a band reminiscent of the early Soilwork albums.

Well, I actually own every album of Soilwork (yez, a real big fan, and next week i get to see them twice).. And indeed The Chainheart Machine is a classic. But I don't mind a band evolving. I consider Predator's Portrait to be the perfect mix of the new and the old Soilwork, with their mix of heavy and softer stuff.. And then now there's the new Soilwork, that puts a highter emphasis on melodic structure.. Which I still appreciate very much.. I for one rather listen to a band that doesn't repeat itself and isn't afraid to search in new directions..

Btw, the singers name is Bjorn (Strid) ;-)

I resent the implication that I don't like that a band evolves. One of my favorite bands is Rush. I just like the heavier Soilwork better than what they do now. I don't see that what they do now is "new". It been done before. It bores me.

I love it. Just got the cd today from the End, but I have had the mp3's for over a month and I got to say I have been listening to it more than anything else lately. I love it, yeah it's like NBC part II but I think it it stands alone the more I listen to it. Great guitar work from Ola and Peter, they are one of the best dual guitar teams out there right now and Speed is very versitile to incorperate the styles he does into the music, I guess working with Devy has definitely left an impression. I give this a 7 out of 10.

Bear

Hawk said:
I resent the implication that I don't like that a band evolves. One of my favorite bands is Rush. I just like the heavier Soilwork better than what they do now. I don't see that what they do now is "new". It been done before. It bores me.

Hehe, didn't mean to offend you man.. I was a more general remark..
And I don't mean to say that what they do is new.. It's been a long time since i saw a band that did anything new.. Just ment that what they're doing now, is new to them..
Btw Hawk, is that Terror2000 any good? Haven't been able to find it over here..

Anneke said:
Hehe, didn't mean to offend you man.. I was a more general remark..
And I don't mean to say that what they do is new.. It's been a long time since i saw a band that did anything new.. Just ment that what they're doing now, is new to them..
Btw Hawk, is that Terror2000 any good? Haven't been able to find it over here..

It's OK Anneke. It seems I misunderstood :). Sorry about that.

Terror 2000 kicks ass if you ask me. And you did. :)

I love this band. :hotjump: There is a real good store next to Biebob. I am sure they have the Terror 2000 albums. Let me how how you like them when you have found the albums.

Hehe, I practically live inside that record store, but they didn't have the album last time I was there.. :erk:
They're gonna display some of my photos at the Lsp-store.. :hotjump: Maybe I'll get them up by next week when Evergrey is coming to Biebob..

I´m really satisfied with the album and give it 9/10
the last 3 songs are a bit average/filler but they are all good