Melodic Thrash bands

Originally posted by markgugs

JayK, you get my PM? We gots the Kreator tix! You may now commence :headbang:

Mark - I'm having real problems with UM - keep getting logged out each time I move from thread to thread (or just post this message).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Originally posted by JayKeeley

Mark - I'm having real problems with UM - keep getting logged out each time I move from thread to thread (or just post this message).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jay, neither I nor anyone I regularly communicate with here has had these probs to the best of my knowledge. Does that mean you DIDN'T get my PM?

When you get this, just email me @ markgugs@hotmail.com

Originally posted by markgugs

Jay, neither I nor anyone I regularly communicate with here has had these probs to the best of my knowledge. Does that mean you DIDN'T get my PM?

When you get this, just email me @ markgugs@hotmail.com

I did the old Windows re-start technique...Bill Gates you bastard.

Seems ok - dude I got your PM - did you get the response? Either way, I am psyched! Let me know if you got my PM - I put my company e-mail on there...

I did the old Windows re-start technique...Bill Gates you bastard.

Seems ok - dude I got your PM - did you get the response? Either way, I am psyched! Let me know if you got my PM - I put my company e-mail on there...

Didn't get it yet, but there's usually a few minute delay...if I don't see it by later, I'll send out again to you by tonight...

Shit - anyway, the basic message was that I'm off to London tomorrow morning for a week.

Listen man, I am well up for Kreator in Crooklyn, heh. No probs. And count me in for Virgin Steele!!!

Thanks man - I owe you big time.

Originally posted by SculptedCold

Arch Enemy blows. And the mentioned bands aren't really thrash anyway. The Crown is pure melodic thrash......Ebony Tears and Testament would be good bets too.

Arch Enemy blows?
You should just shut the fuck up now, because you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I mean this coming from someone who listens to slipknot. Go to roadrunner message boards until you are ready and can handle real music. Arch Enemy are good and so is the crown, but neither are all that original. The crown isn't half the band of Arch Enemy. The crown solos are just nothing when side to side with AE's.

Just because maybe you don't like the band you don't have to go and talk shit about them on every thread. You should learn an instrument then maybe you will know why you should respect good music. Slipnuts ha! Ive heard it all

Shit - anyway, the basic message was that I'm off to London tomorrow morning for a week.

Listen man, I am well up for Kreator in Crooklyn, heh. No probs. And count me in for Virgin Steele!!!

Thanks man - I owe you big time.

Actually, you only owe me about $20 :D And maybe a beer. Ok, two, you twisted my arm.

Safe flight, catch when you return.

Originally posted by SADUDE

Arch Enemy blows?
You should just shut the fuck up now, because you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I mean this coming from someone who listens to slipknot. Go to roadrunner message boards until you are ready and can handle real music. Arch Enemy are good and so is the crown, but neither are all that original. The crown isn't half the band of Arch Enemy. The crown solos are just nothing when side to side with AE's.

Just because maybe you don't like the band you don't have to go and talk shit about them on every thread. You should learn an instrument then maybe you will know why you should respect good music. Slipnuts ha! Ive heard it all

Hey SADUDE, remember when everyone basically replied, but mostly politely to your 'metal wear' thread? Karma makes the world go round son, remember that.

While I don't agree w/ Sculpted either, he's entitled to his (completely wrong ;) ) opinion too...

*looks under desk for real markgugs*

What the fuck was that all about you trolls! RRROAAAARRR!

Originally posted by xenophobe
Melodic Thrash...

Well, don't know much about Soilwork or In Flames... but some good old-school melodic thrash:

Forbidden
Vio-Lence
Exodus
Dark Angel
Death Angel
Devastation

Mostly Bay Area stuff... That's where Melodic Thrash got it's start, IMO.

All of these bands blow the so-called melodic thrash of today into pieces.

Yea but mark c'mon. Well everything here is pretty much opinion.
This guy trashes Arch Enemy in almost every post I've read by him. I read somewhere that he also likes slipknot and in his profile it says hes been listening to metal for under a year. He shouldn't go around saying so much crap about a band (although he may not like) is still a lot better than slipknot.... I don't believe there would be many people on the board that would argue with the previous sentence.

You boys have gotten way the fuck off the topic.

Melodic thrash does NOT = Arch Enemy, Soilwork, In Flames, etc, etc, so on and so forth.

Of all the bands mentioned in the previous 3 posts, only The Haunted, Carnal Forge & Darkane have any thrash elements to their stuff.

A great melodic Thrash album is "No Place For Disgrace" by Flotsam And Jetsam, their best album if you ask me...

If you like melodic Death/Thrash, check the band in my sig... You'll dig it if you like At The Gates, Death, Dark Tranquillity...

@SADUDE, hey i happen to listen to slipknot and all of the mentioned( pretty much ) now i know theres i big difference between knot and all the others. and its easy, there more creative and more respectful. but, theres very few american bands that i like. i like them(slipknot) casue of the energy they can produce in there songs( and no, i dont like rave music either ).
so theres mu out take on that message.

carnal forge and metallica( ride the lightning) are pretty good thrash!