Those Thrash Metal bands...

Angrepp is pretty good punk influenced thrash. You should check them out if you still haven't.

I don't think anyone was fighting/slinging shit...share it dude! That's what we're here for...i'd share it with you.Might be old news anyway,go on and let it fly sinbad!

At the end of the day it depends what kind of thrash you prefer... Brutal? Melodic? Progressive? Raw? Technical? Good production? Bad production?

Vektor's Black Future has a bit of everything (except bad production), and is certainly the most innovative album I've heard from the new wave of thrash.

Also try Mutant, they don't have a full-length album yet but their 4-song EP released last year is up there with anything from the new wave (other than Vektor who are totally unique)...

And if you like that, you may also like this:

They're Serbian, and the singer is dead now, but the more I listen to them, the more I like them.

For older, melodic, slightly technical and underrated thrash I recommend the following:

Vendetta - War (from the album Brain Damage)

Paradox - Heresy (from the album Heresy)

Both bands are German but heavily influenced by the American thrash scene.

My favourite of all thrash albums is Forbidden's Twisted Into Form. It's dark and technical with spiralling tech riffs, great clean sections, Paul Bostaph's amazing drumming. Russ Anderson's voice is superb and ranges from a great low, meaty register to ear-splitting high notes...

They are my top recommendations, but as I say, it depends what kind of thrash you like. If you want something more brutal try Demolition Hammer. There is something majestically wonderful about their Tortured Existence album. The song titles crack me up, and their riffs are fucking deadly.

If that's the sound for you then try Devastation's Idolatry, Sepultura's Beneath The Remains, Exhorder's Slaughter in the Vatican or any of the other albums produced by Scott Burns around that time.

This is from the perspective of someone who likes melodic thrash, I'm sure some people here will say I'm lame for liking that stuff but to be honest I couldn't give one single tiny flying foetus what anyone else thinks of my music taste, and neither should anyone else...

I actually made an Amazon list a while ago with some of my favourite thrash albums, check it out for more recommendations:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Best-Beasting-Thrash/lm/R1TDXXAHXA35JQ/ref=cm_lmt_srch_f_1_rsrsrs0

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome man! i'm still on on a PJ Harvey kick atm,but I sure as hell am gonna return to this post!! Probab;y tommorow after I finish drinking....thanx man,this is real fucking Thrash!

I'm sure I will man and I fucking well look forward to it.Old school/proper thrash is a total breath of fresh air,years if not decades after you've heard it...there's nothing like it man.Thanx again for the refresher,this is one of the bonuses of being on this forum and hopefully some younger dudes will enjoy this stuff aswell because it does'nt get much better :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Favorite Thrash album is probably Sabbat - Dreamweaver followed closely by Eternal Nightmare.

As for recently discovered, (thanks to AchrisK) Holy Terror - Mind Wars kicks arse. Album was only released 22 years ago so I'm a bit slow on that one, better late than never I guess.

Haven't really dug much of what I've heard from any of these retro Thrash kids. I wouldn't call much of of it bad, it's just not many of these new bands seem to be trying to do anything new with the genre or put their own stamp on the music. Might as well just listen to the oldies who did it earlier and better.

I can't believe I forgot to put in Exhorder! Slaughter In The Vatican is ridiculously heavy and is beyond badass, The Law (their next album) is basically just shittier Pantera with worse production but SITV is awesome (they told some story about how the label or producer made it a certain way they didn't want and how they wish the production and such was more like The Law, thanks to whoever DIDN'T let them make that change haha)

Favorite Thrash album is probably Sabbat - Dreamweaver followed closely by Eternal Nightmare.

As for recently discovered, (thanks to AchrisK) Holy Terror - Mind Wars kicks arse. Album was only released 22 years ago so I'm a bit slow on that one, better late than never I guess.

Haven't really dug much of what I've heard from any of these retro Thrash kids. I wouldn't call much of of it bad, it's just not many of these new bands seem to be trying to do anything new with the genre or put their own stamp on the music. Might as well just listen to the oldies who did it earlier and better.

Exactly.

Anyway, some good thrash I still listen to:

Detente

Assassin

Assorted Heap

Armoros

Sextrash

Last edited by a moderator:
:) No worries! Just hope you find something you enjoy in there!

Thanks for that great post back there, had never heard of any of those bands apart from Vektor, some real killer stuff in there. Particularly the Vendetta one.

Wow today I discovered a lot of good Thrash Metal bands, recently I got into Thrash Metal again and its a big list of worth listening bands that I had never listened to. Special thanks to Caveman Ninja
beerbang.gif

I still enjoy listening to these albums:
Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour", "Reason"
Coroner - all albums, but mostly "Grin" (though it's their least "thrashy" album)
Death Angel - "The Ultra-Violence" (re-discovered last year)
Détente - "Recognize No Authority"
Drifter - "Reality Turns To Dust" (re-discovered last year)
Hexenhaus - "A Tribute To Insanity", "Dejavoodoo" (found an original copy of the latter just about two months ago in a shop in Oslo)
Mekong Delta - "Mekong Delta", "The Music Of Erich Zann"
Sacrilege (UK) - "Behind The Realms Of Madness", "Within The Prophecy"
Voivod - "Killing Technology"
Znowhite - "Act Of God"