Those Thrash Metal bands...

Thanks for that great post back there, had never heard of any of those bands apart from Vektor, some real killer stuff in there. Particularly the Vendetta one.

Wow today I discovered a lot of good Thrash Metal bands, recently I got into Thrash Metal again and its a big list of worth listening bands that I had never listened to. Special thanks to Caveman Ninja
beerbang.gif

No worries at all! :) Honestly, there's not much I like better than turning people on to some really underrated bands, who I think deserve more exposure! Just so glad you're enjoying them... Vendetta are really one of the great bands who never really made it... Brain Damage is a superb album but no-one ever mentions it, and it just gets forgotten about. I think it's out of print, but I picked up a copy from ebay for cheap, and it turns up there quite often.

Go forth and thrash! And if you get through that lot then come back and I'll throw more stuff your way... melodic thrash is something of an obsession of mine :lol:

If death thrash counts merciless kick ass

and this is my friends band who just got signed to heavy artillery with the help of vektor actually who put in some good words

qualities not amazing and this was just their first little ep but they seriously destroy and of all the concerts/bands I've seen they're still one of my favorite

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I forgot to put in Exhorder! Slaughter In The Vatican is ridiculously heavy and is beyond badass, The Law (their next album) is basically just shittier Pantera with worse production but SITV is awesome (they told some story about how the label or producer made it a certain way they didn't want and how they wish the production and such was more like The Law, thanks to whoever DIDN'T let them make that change haha)

Yeah man, I pretty much agree with you. The Law doesn't do much for me at all... They've got a blog on their myspace about how Scott Burns ruined the album... to me it sounds a million times better than the follow-up. There's something cathartic and pleasing about the uber-heavy Scott Burns sound...

i still mainly listen to my old stuff ... heres a list of most(i think) of the thrash i listen to....

Megadeth
Sepultura
Vio-Lence
Testament
Devastation
Slayer
Coroner
Ripping Corpse
Exhorder
Demolition Hamer
Metallica
Morbid Saint
Tankard
Gullotine
Whiplash
Sadus
Sodom
Destruction
Cryptic Slaughter
Rigor Mortis

Vektor
Hexen
Skeletonwitch
Exmortus
Fog of War
Warbringer
Witchaven
Dekapitator
Violator
Blunt Force Trauma
Toxic Holocaust
Municipal Waste
Gama Bomb

Don't even belong in the conversation of "best thrash metal". Will never understand why people think every popular Bay Area band is "the best ever".

Aside from the debut album, I'm most partial towards Skolnick-less Testament. Their others are really boring platforms for the occasional great guitar solo.

Don't even belong in the conversation of "best thrash metal". Will never understand why people think every popular Bay Area band is "the best ever".

Judging by the rest of this thread you're pretty bad at understanding the fact that other people's opinions are just as valid as your own... Sorry for disagreeing with you. I won't do it again.

Every thrash discussion turns into a shit fest of arguing over what is good and what isn't.
So freaking ridiculous.

Judging by the rest of this thread you're pretty bad at understanding the fact that other people's opinions are just as valid as your own... Sorry for disagreeing with you. I won't do it again.

People who think Testament is the greatest generally have very limited knowledge of thrash. Fact.