Those Thrash Metal bands...

Warbringer and Evile are shit man.

Yes. Complete and total shit. So are Skeletonwitch, Merciless Death, Bonded by Blood, Fueled by Fire, Gama Bomb, Hexen, and plenty more I'm forgetting.

to the guy who wants to know what I consider good thrash from recent years:

Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Tribulation - The Horror
Wicca - Bloodrush
Vektor - Black Future
Nocturnal Graves - Satan's Cross
Force of Darkness - Darkness Revelation
Witchaven - Terrorstorm
Craven Idol - Ethereal Altars
Drunken Bastards - Horns of the Wasted
Dekapitator - We Will Destroy... You Will Obey!!!
Hypnosia - Extreme Hatred/Violent Intensity
Cruel Force - The Rise of Satanic Might
Violator - Chemical Assault

to name a few.

^^ Hexen, Skeletonwitch, Warbringer and even Gama Bomb are better then most of the garbage you posted (only bands on that list even worth mentioning are Witchaven, Vektor, Dekapitator and Violator).

oh and We Will Destroy ... You Will Obey!!! isn't from recent years, that album came out in 99.

oh it's you again. the guy who only likes recycled riffs that were already done in the 80s.

hahahahaha... yet you think Witchaven (Toxic holocaust and every other black thrash band already did it, and put more into it) and Violator (come on, ok band but nothing new) are more unique than bands like Hexen who took thrash, made it technical, melodic and well crafted (only hexenhaus and watchtower can come close but watchtower was more sporadic and hexenhaus was more yngwie worship)? i'm pretty sure you're just saying those bands are shit because they're popular and the ones you listed are cool because they're unpopular, you wouldn't happen to be 14 years old by any chance would you?

Toxic Holocaust has done jackshit, I don't even know why they're considered "black thrash" when they're just early 80's thrash ripoffs like all the rest.

Where are you hearing this creativity and amazing musicianship in Hexen, and more importantly, where in the fuck do you hear Yngwie worship in Hexenhaus to the level that the latter merely "comes close" to Hexen? There are DOZENS of technical and melodic thrash bands that do anything and everything Hexen has done. I'm listening to "The Serpent" right now and this is generic tremolo-picked thrash metal with lengthy NWOBHM sections. The only place they merge thrash and melody is before the solo where they go into a Gothenburg-ish riff/harmony. To be honest this isn't bad music at all, but there's nothing here that you can't find already done in the late 80's.

EDIT: Haha @ Metal-Archive's description: "Melodic Thrash Metal with Progressive Influences".

hahahahaha... yet you think Witchaven (Toxic holocaust and every other black thrash band already did it, and put more into it) and Violator (come on, ok band but nothing new) are more unique than bands like Hexen who took thrash, made it technical, melodic and well crafted (only hexenhaus and watchtower can come close but watchtower was more sporadic and hexenhaus was more yngwie worship)? i'm pretty sure you're just saying those bands are shit because they're popular and the ones you listed are cool because they're unpopular, you wouldn't happen to be 14 years old by any chance would you?

Toxic Holocaust sucks. Witchaven does not. Hexen is fucking awful, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you just like the most generic crap you can find (Warbringer, Evile, okay yes you do). I'm actually 28 years old and have been listening to thrash for about 15 years now, so no your theory is fucking terrible and wrong.

Go listen to some real death/thrash and black/thrash, and stop talking out of your ass.

Toxic Holocaust incorporates a lot of crust in their music, more so than black, and they do it pretty well too.

and to the guy above me, your taste in thrash metal is pure crap, your calling Hexen awful when you listed bands like Wicca, Cruel Force and fucking Drunken bastard as some of the recent best??? :rolleyes: ... please, just stop!

.... and amazing musicianship in Hexen,

Ronnie Dorian is easily one of the best guitarists to come out of the more modern group of thrash bands

check out some of their other stuff, they have better song than the Serpent, try Gas Chamber, No More Color, Seditions In Peacetime and Blast Radius.

Toxic Holocaust incorporates a lot of crust in their music, more so than black, and they do it pretty well too.

and to the guy above me, your taste in thrash metal is pure crap, your calling Hexen awful when you listed bands like Wicca, Cruel Force and fucking Drunken bastard as some of the recent best??? :rolleyes: ... please, just stop!

Someone who likes Warbringer, Evile, and Hexen should not be talking about anybody else having bad taste in thrash. Talk about garbage. You might as well listen to Lamb of God and Trivium while you're at it. It's the same level of awful.

Thrash Metal bands I'm still into? Hum...

Megadeth
Kreator
Sodom
Destruction
Whiplash (USA)
Necrodeath
Testament
Dark Angel
Nevermore
Slayer

new wave of bands:

Angrepp
Mantic Ritual
Bonded by Blood
Witchhaven
Warbringer
Violator
Nocturnal Graves

old school bands

Destruction
Sodom
Kreator
Slayer
Metallica...

I'm really looking forward to getting that Vektor album in the mail.What about Evil Army? are they any good? I've heard some good things about them but am a bit reluctant to lash out and buy new thrash albums these days,the last new thrash album I brought was Warbringer after reading good stuff about them and we all know how much they suck.What about Angrepp Sevago? I've heard some good stuff about them too.
Nocturnal Graves rules...why is it that blackened thrash most always delivers.

Haven't heard Nocturnal Graves, but it has got good reviews,though I don't care much to reviews but I should check them out.

CORONER (most underrated band of all time?)
Artillery
Destruction
Mortal Sin
Vektor
Demolition Hammer

Are my current thrash favourites.

to the guy who wants to know what I consider good thrash from recent years:

Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Tribulation - The Horror
Wicca - Bloodrush
Vektor - Black Future
Nocturnal Graves - Satan's Cross
Force of Darkness - Darkness Revelation
Witchaven - Terrorstorm
Craven Idol - Ethereal Altars
Drunken Bastards - Horns of the Wasted
Dekapitator - We Will Destroy... You Will Obey!!!
Hypnosia - Extreme Hatred/Violent Intensity
Cruel Force - The Rise of Satanic Might
Violator - Chemical Assault

to name a few.

Interesting list, only know a few of these. Going to get on checking all of this out ASAP.

I'm really looking forward to getting that Vektor album in the mail.What about Evil Army? are they any good? I've heard some good things about them but am a bit reluctant to lash out and buy new thrash albums these days,the last new thrash album I brought was Warbringer after reading good stuff about them and we all know how much they suck.What about Angrepp Sevago? I've heard some good stuff about them too.
Nocturnal Graves rules...why is it that blackened thrash most always delivers.

Evil Army is fucking ace, pretty well the only newer thrash band that I listen to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers bro...those dudes don't fuck around either at least two former members are dead already from OD's.
haha Hell yeah less than ten secs into that and the thrashometer goes through the fucking roof!