Suggest Good Melodic Metal Bands... I'm Running Out of Things To Listen To!

Freddy Krueger

The Dream Child
Jun 24, 2002
Hell
Visit site
I just figured I'd make this topic because I think I can rely on the good public of the UM forums to help me out with a little problem... I'm running out of music to listen to. I've pretty much hit all the melodic basics, In Flames, Soilwork, Bodom, Hypocrisy ( Their later shit is pretty melodic, I think... ) And I need some help discovering some more bands of this type. So gimme so good bands...

If you have any other bands you want to suggest, I like anything but bland and boring death metal.

Beyond the Embrace (like old In Flames, but better =)

Soulless (thrash, but with good melody and a warm fuzzy old-skool death metal guitar sound)

Skyfire (intensely melodic, aggressive, fast, mildly progressive...just awesome!)

Eucharist (hard to find, but awesome)

Shadow (derivative, but you may find something here)

Dies Irae (these mexicans just looove the softer side of melodeath. long songs, good structure, gentle melodies and decent soloing)

Dark Tranquillity (the other leaders!)

Omnium Gatherum (debut has some stunning melody and songwritings. maybe a lil TOO catchy
eysupdown.gif
)

Dark Tranquility, you should definitely be listening to them, especially if you are into In Flames and Soilwork. You should also be listening to Devin Townsend's solo work. Another band you should check out is Chimaira. Yes, they are American and yes they are "new" however, their latest album is absolutely amazing for a new american metal band.

Here's some bands I'd suggest ;) :

A Canorous Quintet
Ablaze my Sorrow (not their debut)
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Arsis
At The Gates
Burden of Grief
Callenish Circle
Compos Mentis
Cromlech
Darkane
Dark Tranquillity
Daylight Dies
Decadawn
Detonation
Dispatched
Divine Souls
Duskfall
Ebony Tears
Edge of Sanity
Enter My Silence
Eternal Oath
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Eucharist
Excess of Cruelty
Fatal Embrace
Gandalf
Gardenian
Graveworm
Guidance of Sin
Infernal Method
Kalmah
Mercenary
Mord Principium Est
Nightshade
Non Exist
Norther
October Tide
Omnium Gatherum
Pandemonium
Rapture
Sacrilege
Skyfire
Unanimated

Check out the swedish melodic and atmospheric band "The Provenance". These guys have 2 full lenght albums out, one is brand new. They use only some brutal vocals but they are EXCELLENT.

A great band, don't miss them.

Fucking incredible band.