Melodic Black Metal

I hate it when you guys jump in these rec threads and make every possible good recommendation before I can even show up...:(

Windir
Sacramentum(later work is DM)
Aeternus(later work is DM)
Necrophobic(DM)
Limbonic Art
Immortal
Einherjer
Astriaal
Enslaved
The Kovenant(new stuff sucks)
Naglfar(BM/DM)
Satyricon
Weakling

I'd say i'm a big melo-death/melo-black fan too.. so here are some bands in the melodic genre i really like :

Abyssos ... excellent band...Probably what u're looking for !!!:headbang:

Agathodaimon ... excellent melo-death/melo-black...

the Kovenant ... dont bother getting anything besides Nexus Polaris..but NP kicks ass!

Naglfar, Cryptic Wintermoon, Siebenburgen

a lot of ppl will probably disagree with me on this one, but try Dimmu's Death Cult Armageddon and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia if u havent already... u might like it... i did...
Also try Limbonc art..

And defenitely summoning....

Vox Stellarum said:
I'd say i'm a big melo-death/melo-black fan too.. so here are some bands in the melodic genre i really like :

Abyssos ... excellent band...Probably what u're looking for !!!:headbang:

Agathodaimon ... excellent melo-death/melo-black...

the Kovenant ... dont bother getting anything besides Nexus Polaris..but NP kicks ass!

Naglfar, Cryptic Wintermoon, Siebenburgen

a lot of ppl will probably disagree with me on this one, but try Dimmu's Death Cult Armageddon and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia if u havent already... u might like it... i did...
Also try Limbonc art..

And defenitely summoning....

I have Death Cult Armageddon; I wanted to buy Godless Savage Garden but I couldn't find it anywhere. I don't think its really a great CD but it definately has some good songs: Progenies of the Apocalypse, Eridication Instincts Defined and Cataclysm Children. This one seems to get alot of criticism but I think it was worth buying.

I'm into Naglfar and Agathodaimon already; they aren't some of my favorites but worth listening to.

Alot of people have recommended Astriaal. I've listened to them and they also seem to be pretty good.

If you like Dimmu Borgir or Old Man's Child - or any other symphonic, melodic black metal, for that matter - check out Anorexia Nervosa and Shade Empire. Both are very heavy on synths.