Favourite melodic death metal?

Degenerate Machinery said:
i've ben listening to black dahlia murder a lot lately, some damn fine melo-death...
This is some great stuff! I'm listening to them right now, quite excellent with a superb production! Anyway, some melodeath favorites:

At the Gates
Black Dahlia Murder
Children of Bodom (if they count)
Dark Tranquillity
Dissection
Edge of Sanity (some of it is melodic death)
In Flames
Soilwork

I don't think several of the bands mentioned in this thread are actually melodic death...

WanderingBlade, yeah man Embraced is my number one favorite band!

Here is some other melodic death I like.. well its in there..

Early Influences: Deprecated, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Sinister, Morbid Angel, Broken Hope, Dying Fetus, Internal Bleeding, At The Gates, Deprecated, Gorefest, Resurrection, Deeds of Flesh, Creation is Crucifixion, A Canorous Quintet, Ill Disposed, Embraced, & Theory in Practice.

Currently listening to: Disbelief, Therion, Without Grief, Amon Amarth, Infernal Method, Violation, Darkane, The Tea Party, Bloodbath, Entombed, Within Y, Symbyosis, Anathema, Lux Occulta, Decapitated, Julie Laughs Nomore, Mutant, Necromicon, The Crown, Lamb Of God, Golem, Naglfar, The Project Hate, Diabolical Masquerade, Behemoth, Gardenian, & Opeth.

The Lantern Nut said:
ETERNAL TEARS OF FUCKING SORROW!!!
And SENTENCED's "AMOK"

EToS are QUITE good.

Blastfame is also quite melodic, technical, and catchy. Who would have thought they were from Canada. (Features Ion Dissonance's drummer!)

I have no idea if Compos Mentis could be considered melodic death metal, but they are highly enjoyable also.

Edge Of Sanity and Swano's solo project are great.

Mors Principium Est are great, albeit a bit too much like CoB.

Impaled are also melodic a lot of times, though not "melodic death metal".

Luciferion and Noctiferia always deserve a mention, also.

Psycroptic are melodic a lot. Great band.

Suidakra, also. Ok, that concludes me.

I've recently developed and unhealthy infatuation with Neuraxis, I'm not sure if they count, but I'm considering them anyway. :oops:

I also love Soilwork.

And I can't forgot In Flames, At The Gates, new Carcass, Arch Enemy, Vehemence, and Dark Tranquility.

Barnolde said:
I've recently developed and unhealthy infatuation with Neuraxis, I'm not sure if they count, but I'm considering them anyway. :oops:
Neuraxis are indisputably melodic death. Technical death/grind with loads of melodic flair anyway. The best thing about them is that their best is definately still to come. Their songwriting at the moment is quite inconsistent and shaky in parts, so when they mature/develop enough to overcome that, they're going to be one of the best death bands in the world, no contest.

Esteban said:
I like quite a few of the bands posted above, but IMO not one comes even remotely close to Dark Tranquility, those guys are the best

Oh Yeah!!!!!
i just got the live damage DVD, and fuck, its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long Live DT!!!