Melodic Death Metal Masterpieces

What song is the ultimate melodic death metal masterpiece out of these two?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MrMajs said:
I voted for In Flames, because Ive never heard Insanity's Crescendo. What records would you recommend to a DT newbie?
The Gallery is probably a good one to start off with, although I only like a few songs. I personally think Projector and Skydancer are the two most consistant. The Mind's I and Haven annoy me. Damage Done isn't bad but it's too mainstream-sounding.

Slaughter of the Soul is possibly better than anything DT have done (but certainly not the best ATG album). Most DT albums are better than anything In Flames have done.

Damage Done & Haven may be a little 'mainstream' to some people, but whoever said mainstream is bad? if Nile came on MTV and talked with Carson Daaley or whatever his name is, would you hate Nile? You're telling me whether or not they make damn good songs or not has nothing to do with it, it's how 'commercial' or 'mainstream' it sounds. I find that totally atrocious and ridiculous, but go ahead if you must...

anyway one more note, don't vote if you don't know one song or the other because that totally fucks up the vote. If you don't know both songs, don't vote.

And... if you don't like the 2 choices, go start your own poll. I started this one because those songs are lesser-known than some of their material, yet still masterpieces and fine examples of Melodic Death Metal. I didn't want to start another poll saying "Cloud Connected vs. Monochromatic Stains" like the rest. I went for older songs, so if you want other bands to go up against each other in polls, start your own damn thread. that's the cool part of being a member here, u know...