"Melodic Death Metal"

>>>Vocals don't make a genre

Says who? To me it's the whole thing.

>>>Song structures and sounds do.

lol...then Kalmah is DEFINITELY in the melodic death category.

Scott

SheisMySin said:
>>>Vocals don't make a genre

Says who? To me it's the whole thing.

>>>Song structures and sounds do.

lol...then Kalmah is DEFINITELY in the melodic death category.

Scott

Vocals are more important in defining a genre than the way the music is played? Are you serious? Anyway, Kalmah's song structures very much resemble traditional Power Metal structures often, with a few quirks. Like Children Of Bodom and Norther. It's all the same shit. Power Metal with retard vocals. Same with Wintersun. You don't really seem to have much knowledge on any subject you decide to tackle, to be honest. It's unnerving.

>>>Vocals are more important in defining a genre than the way the music is played? Are you serious?

Did I say that? I said everything should be taken into consideration.

That still doesn't answer my question - says who? Is there some kind of "guide to metal" that places each band in their proper genre?

>>Anyway, Kalmah's song structures very much resemble traditional Power Metal structures often, with a few quirks.

You said "sounds" too...and their "sound" doesn't really resemble traditional power metal. Same with Iced Earth. Lots of people label them as a type of power metal, but I really fail to see any of their instruments as sounding like power metal.

Some of Slipknots songs have death metal chords (as said by the band) in them, but because of their rap/nu metal/whatever vocals...they aren't even close...so yeah...vocals play a part in things.

>>>>You don't really seem to have much knowledge on any subject you decide to tackle, to be honest. It's unnerving.

Holy fuck I don't go around bashing people for not jumping on MetalGenre high horses!!

lol...what's unnerving is all of you fighting about god damn opinions. I swear to god if all of you went out to Baskin Robins, you'd be fighting about sherbert being part of the ice cream, or italian ice family.

Stop being so goddamn childish and just be receptive to people looking at the same music differently. I could understand if I said Kalmah was grindcore...but dude...some little bitch just posted that I'm wrong because Pantera and Machine head are only "half-thrash" instead of "thrash. Give me a fucking break! lol

Scott

Scott, I think I speak for the better amount of us here when I say that I think you are a dumbass.

Missed%20target.gif

>>>Scott, I think I speak for the better amount of us here when I say that I think you are a dumbass.

Haha...whatever. For some reason I thought this would be a board to talk about metal and music...but it's just like every other board on the net. A bunch of people who think they are somebody telling others their opinion is stupid because it doesn't go with popular opinion. Only in this case, it's a bunch of babies clinging to the fact they don't think they are lemmings, when in fact, they really are...just in a smaller microcosm within itself.

It's not new...there are people like you guys on Brittney Spears boards...arguing about which songs are her best and why "Oops I did it again" isn't as good as "Hit me one more time."

*yawn*

Scott

It's not my opinion that Children Of Bodom, Kalmah, and Norther are not Death Metal. They, in fact, are not. This has nothing to do with the quality of these bands, so I don't know why you're taking this so hard. And "Half-Thrash" is more or less just a term used to describe a form of Groove Metal that was a descendant of Thrash Metal in a sense; "Half" in the sense that these riffs sound like they're about half of a riff. See: Pantera - Walk. That is a prime example of "Half-Thrash." It's also called Post-Thrash. But it's really just Groove Metal.

SheisMySin said:
>>>Vocals are more important in defining a genre than the way the music is played? Are you serious?

Did I say that? I said everything should be taken into consideration.

Yes you did. You said vocals were the most important thing for you. Right here: "Says who? To me it's the whole thing."

SheisMySin said:
Holy fuck I don't go around bashing people for not jumping on MetalGenre high horses!!

lol...what's unnerving is all of you fighting about god damn opinions. I swear to god if all of you went out to Baskin Robins, you'd be fighting about sherbert being part of the ice cream, or italian ice family.

Stop being so goddamn childish and just be receptive to people looking at the same music differently. I could understand if I said Kalmah was grindcore...but dude...some little bitch just posted that I'm wrong because Pantera and Machine head are only "half-thrash" instead of "thrash. Give me a fucking break! lol

Scott

The [entire point of a forum is to argue about opinions. Just because you are losing an argument doesn't mean you should say it is stupid to argue about things. If we all agreed this would be really boring.

SheisMySin said:
Great...who gives a fuck...it's all metal.

Scott

I give a fuck because I care.

Killbot said:
I'm not suprised you were on the Britney Spears forum.

He tells Britney Spears fans about Tarja and oppera!

>>>The [entire point of a forum is to argue about opinions. Just because you are losing an argument doesn't mean you should say it is stupid to argue about things. If we all agreed this would be really boring.

lol....k.

Kalmah is more melodic death because of vox, guitar sound, and aggression. Lyrics could swing either way...I just looked them up and it's funny to even see they have a point.

Kalmah and Children of Bodom are not melodic death. They are power metal with harsh vocals. They have about as much in common with death metal as 50 Cent does.

I'll listen to them again tonight to see if I'm a retarded bitch, or if you guys are full of shit. :p

SheisMySin said:
First of all, their old stuff is not "somewhat" similar - it is VERY similar. It's clear CoB influenced them.

I have not listened to the latest CoB, but the Black Waltz still sounds like CoB. It's speedy melodic metal with synths. It's damn good, and better than CoB now, but as far as what genres they belong in...I'd throw them in together - whichever genre that is (I still think melodic metal).

Scott

CoB went nu-metal.