Melodic Death Metal

Well I agree with him. Heartwork was a steaming turd. I don't know why people label it melodic death metal either, because I see very little melody in it. It's obviously not as heavy as their previous stuff but all it is is just tepid death metal with no decent riffs and tired sounding vocals.

I liked Swansong a lot better than Heartwork because they stopped trying to dress up their relatively inane and simplistic base with an illusion of musical sophistication and just went with it. Swansong just gets to the point without making you sit through so much drawn out melodic tedium. Mind you they could still stand to lose about fifteen minutes on it.

I just love it when people bash bands because they think they sell-out just because they change their sound...Carcass will always be Carcass..when they will have their reunion in Wacken, they will grind the shit out of any underground band out there..:headbang: Carcass and Napalm Death are legends:headbang:

no, Swansong sucks, can't you understand?

lame songs, zero aggression, it was album that basically stated that it was time for Carcass to throw in the towel.

and Necuratul, take it from me, I'm a diehard grindcore fan, and when it comes to Carcass I know what I'm talking about.

lame songs, zero aggression, it was album that basically stated that it was time for Carcass to throw in the towel.

and Necuratul, take it from me, I'm a diehard grindcore fan, and when it comes to Carcass I know what I'm talking about.

I understand that Swansong sucked for you, but for someone else it's a masterpiece, BTW this is a melodic death metal topic:)

Swansong is the precursor to Black N Roll, such as Satyricon and "I" featuring Immortal (Abbath Doom Occulta and Armagedda), Gorgoroth (TC King), and Enslaved (Arve Isdal, also known as Ice Dale). No one can convince me that the above musicians suck just because they changed the sound of metal actually they are pioneers in metal just like Carcass:headbang:

Hey moron, you understand that is this is all "purely subjective" like you say all the time?

Mathiäs;6751312 said:
Hey moron, you understand that is this is all "purely subjective" like you say all the time?

calling me names really adds depth to your point. :rolleyes: