The best extreme melodic metal albums ever.

Lets see, Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns, is very melodic though a bit subtle under the thundering drums.

Intestine Baalism to a much larger extent, hell fucking yes. Windir too.

AdamCymru86 said:
Arch Enemy - Black Earth,
Autumn Leaves - As Night Conquers Day,

Black Earth is a fantasic album, but I wouldnt categorise it as extreme personally. It also sucks that they only ever play like 1 song from it live the cunts

Life Sucks said:
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
Intestine Baalism - Banquet in the Darkness

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris (majestic and epic)

Plus...

Arghoslent - Galloping Through the Battle Ruins
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients

Life Sucks said:
Other extreme metal. Of course, power metal bands such as Blind Guardian and Rhapsody, or traditional metal bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, would be more melodic, since in those genres, even the vocals have melody (bm and dm vocals never have any melody, since it's kinda hard to growl or shriek a vocal melody).

You are correct sir.

I like their album Signs For The Fallen, it's pretty competent melo-death with some folky influence. Nothing SPECIAL, but a good listen...and Trails Of Gore is INSANELY catchy!

Authentic Metalhead said:
Alexi Laiho did some melodic growling in their early work. He still does, but it's more melodic screaming now.

you listen to wintersun and ensiferum and and alexi laiho is the guy you use as a reference? jari is much better even though you are right. i think its vocal phrasing and dynamics that create that melodic feel with extreme vocals even though some guys can kinda pitch their screams. with alexi everything comes down to the phrasing and attitude in his vocals cause even today you can probably only decipher 45% of what the fuck hes saying.

Stormwatch said:
If I said to my wife (or most of the worlds population) "Listen to this music, it's melodic," then put on "Heartwork" or early Dissection they'd wonder what fucking planet I was on.
You guys really make me wonder what the fuck you're hearing when you start with these genre definitions. Perhaps we should say "Comparatively Melodic Metal" because in most human ears, "Heartwork" is about as melodic as a fucking chainsaw.

Most of the world also thinks that Bon Jovi is metal, that Britney Spears is a musician and that there was something wrong about the Holocaust. We need to stop listening to the world.

My Man Mahmoud said:
Most of the world also thinks that Bon Jovi is metal, that Britney Spears is a musician and that there was something wrong about the Holocaust. We need to stop listening to the world.

yeah, the world is fucked up like that.

My Man Mahmoud said:

beerbang.gif

EDIT:

Err, just read the last comment and realized you are a troll, so
beerbang.gif
beerbang.gif
anyways.

fat bastard said:
you listen to wintersun and ensiferum and and alexi laiho is the guy you use as a reference? jari is much better even though you are right. i think its vocal phrasing and dynamics that create that melodic feel with extreme vocals even though some guys can kinda pitch their screams. with alexi everything comes down to the phrasing and attitude in his vocals cause even today you can probably only decipher 45% of what the fuck hes saying.

True. I just used Alexi off the top of my head.