The best extreme melodic metal albums ever.

Some albums I forgot.

Edge of Sanity -the spectral sorrows. I like how this album still remains being very much death metal even though it has melody. Edge of Sanity is one of the more intense,heavy, and crazy death metal bands with melody. Very diverse and interesting cd.

Edge of Sanity -Purgatory Afterglow,Crimson,Crimson 2.

Edge of Sanity -Unorthodox. Very much oldschool sunlight style swedish death metal(despite not being recorded at sunlight) with some nice melodies once in awile. I think this is a very originally death metal album for 92. Regardless having melody the album does not revolne around the melody itself so this could possibly just be considered a regular oldschool death metal album. I think with The Spectral Sorrows the band started expirimenting more with melody.

Blue_Jay said:
Every album by In Flames except Lunar Strain/Subterranean

:erk:

Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising (melodic as hell)
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora (subtly melodic)
Amon Amarth - Once Sent from the Golden Hall
Windir - Arntor
Daylight Dies - No Reply
Death - Symbolic
Opeth - Orchid and Morningrise
Crypt of Kerberos - World of Myths
Arcane Sun - Arcane Sun (sorta)
Astriaal - Renascent Misanthropy

.. anything else i would list has already been listed / mentioned.

If I said to my wife (or most of the worlds population) "Listen to this music, it's melodic," then put on "Heartwork" or early Dissection they'd wonder what fucking planet I was on.
You guys really make me wonder what the fuck you're hearing when you start with these genre definitions. Perhaps we should say "Comparatively Melodic Metal" because in most human ears, "Heartwork" is about as melodic as a fucking chainsaw.

If someone asks me 'What melodic metal albums do you feel are very tasteful and well done' what would that have to do with my wife(if I had one) or the world. If a metal albums sounds melodic to me it's probably melodic. If I hear the cd 25 times making the judgement it's melodic I really doubt my wife(If I had one) or some random dickhead would make it less melodic or know more about the music. right ?

All of us have heard the cds we listened more than a dozen times so yeah they're melodic. The world population does not know that and who cares.

Stormwatch said:
If I said to my wife (or most of the worlds population) "Listen to this music, it's melodic," then put on "Heartwork" or early Dissection they'd wonder what fucking planet I was on.

But the fact of the matter is that it is melodic and it doesn't matter what some fucking person who doesn't listen to metal says about it. Your little comment here is just irrelevant.

cookiecutter said:
You're right Stormwatch, but it's melodic compared to other metal.
Other extreme metal. Of course, power metal bands such as Blind Guardian and Rhapsody, or traditional metal bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, would be more melodic, since in those genres, even the vocals have melody (bm and dm vocals never have any melody, since it's kinda hard to growl or shriek a vocal melody).

Still Remains - Of Love And Lunacy (Amazing melo-death influenced metalcore)
Crypt of Kerberos - World of Myths
Persefone - Core
Stargazer - The Scream That Tore The Sky
Saturnus - Veronika Decides To Die
Evoken - Antithesis of Light (I'd say this is actually quite melodic)
Fungoid Stream - Calaenus Fragments
etc.

Stormwatch said:
You guys really make me wonder what the fuck you're hearing when you start with these genre definitions. Perhaps we should say "Comparatively Melodic Metal" because in most human ears, "Heartwork" is about as melodic as a fucking chainsaw.

What does this even have to do with anything we're talking melodic extreme metal not melodic music