5 Best Death Metal Albums...

Vader - De Profundis

Add that in wherever to my list, and it appears that I need to purchase Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance.

Death metal is what you make of it. I consider it the full umbrella of extreme metal, but if you want to get nit-picky much of what is considered "death metal" I would call grindcore anyhow.

NAD said:
Vader - De Profundis

I have this! :) I've yet to listen to it! :(

Add that in wherever to my list, and it appears that I need to purchase Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance.

That was the album that got me into Nile, but I prefer their latest for songs like Unas, Sarcophogus (sp?), and the ambush of that title track which IMO destroys anything they've ever done.

Death metal is what you make of it. I consider it the full umbrella of extreme metal, but if you want to get nit-picky much of what is considered "death metal" I would call grindcore anyhow.
I also only raised In Flames as an option based on the precedence set by BWD. Since he started the thread and had Opeth, Dark Tranquility, Amorphis, Edge of Sanity, and At the Gates in his list, I figured In Flames would be fair game.

Oh genres genres, what would we do without you?

NAD said:
Carcass - Heartwork
Morbid Angel - Domination
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Napalm Death - Scum
No.

Morbid Angel - Domination
Carcass - Heartwork
Vader - De Profundis
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Edge of Sanity - Crimson

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Diseection .. Death ? I'd consider The Somberlain to be Death maybe (at least more than SOTLB ) , but not SOTLB.

My list (in order)
Carcass - Necroticism
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Carcass - Heartwork
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
nej :yuk:

Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Opeth - Morningrise
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours

Decapitated - Nihility
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated
Suffocation - Effigy Of The Forgotten
Exhumed - Anatomy Is Destiny
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh

Honourable mentions: Deeds Of Flesh - Mark Of The Legion, Brodequin - Festival Of Death, Hate Eternal - Conquering The Throne, Blood Red Throne - Affiliated With The Suffering, Immolation - Close To A World Below, Inveracity - Circle Of Perversion, etc.

1. Demilich - Nespithe
2. Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
3. Massacra - Final Holocaust
4. Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
5. Gorguts - Obscura

Honourble mentions: The Chasm's Deathcult For Eternity, At The Gates's The Red in The Sky is Ours, Amorphis's The Karelian Isthumus, Cadaver 's ...In Pains.

I'm not really that huge on brutal death metal or even normal death metal, but I am a fan of melodic death.

At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
In Flames - Lunar Strain