Melodic Death Metal

I just love it when people bash bands because they think they sell-out just because they change their sound...Carcass will always be Carcass..when they will have their reunion in Wacken, they will grind the shit out of any underground band out there..:headbang: Carcass and Napalm Death are legends:headbang:

but changing your sound to appeal to a more mainstream audience IS selling out, you cannot argue that. And no, they'll probably just bore the audience to death with half-assed renditions of Heartwork and Swansong material.

If you just called Heartwork a sellout album you are both tremendously mistaken and remarkably stupid.

but changing your sound to appeal to a more mainstream audience IS selling out, you cannot argue that. And no, they'll probably just bore the audience to death with half-assed renditions of Heartwork and Swansong material.

Selling out to whom? MTV, VH1, like i said it before they were experimenting, for instance what would you say if they recorded a new grindcore album?

Selling out to whom? MTV, VH1, like i said it before they were experimenting, for instance what would you say if they recorded a new grindcore album?

basically, Heartwork was apparently their first record distributed through Columbia, basically it was a move by Earache to garner more publicity for their bands. So its extremely suspect that both that record and even more the next one (Swansong) to have a sound that was markedly more mainstream. No blastbeats, regular rock n roll riffs, less extreme vocals. Most other Earache bands didn't do that.

basically, Heartwork was apparently their first record distributed through Columbia, basically it was a move by Earache to garner more publicity for their bands. So its extremely suspect that both that record and even more the next one (Swansong) to have a sound that was markedly more mainstream. No blastbeats, regular rock n roll riffs, less extreme vocals. Most other Earache bands didn't do that.

So is there anything new happening in the grindcore genre?
That's why I'm posting in melodic death metal, basically Carcass and Entombed started the melodic death metal trend, Swansong was death n roll, in return there are a lot of highly talented bands that experiment in metal..

Grindcore to me isn't metal hence the term core, to me anything with core in is shit (hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, mathcore etc.)

Grindcore to me isn't metal hence the term core, to me anything with core in is shit (hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, mathcore etc.)

well thats your opinion. I started out in the punk scene and gradually became a metalhead. you should try not being so narrow-minded, it would help you. the last thing this board needs is one more "-core" hater.

and for the record, I actually happen to like some melodic death metal, one of my favorite bands is Dismember, a band in the same scene as Entombed. Carcass - Swansong is just crap.

well thats your opinion. I started out in the punk scene and gradually became a metalhead. you should try not being so narrow-minded, it would help you. the last thing this board needs is one more "-core" hater.

and for the record, I actually happen to like some melodic death metal, one of my favorite bands is Dismember, a band in the same scene as Entombed. Carcass - Swansong is just crap.

I don't hate it, but if you've been to any death-metal concert lately or any metal concert, you would see what i mean the skinny bandana faced "I'm to cool for headbanging" ninja kicking buttholes:puke:

I don't hate it, but if you've been to any death-metal concert lately or any metal concert, you would see what i mean the skinny bandana faced "I'm to cool for headbanging" ninja kicking buttholes:puke:

thats scene kids, they have nothing to do with actual hardcore punk.

lol grind/death metal fans arent scenefags

fuck deathcore, true death metal shall prevail :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Or they can both exist in harmony because deathcore isn't "killing death metal" or whatever else you strange people think. Plus the Carcass argument is tired and ridiculous by now; drop it.

I like metalcore but I have yet to find any deathcore I like. As Blood Runs Black are decent but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head that I like. I'm more into the melodic side of metalcore, I guess.