Melodic Death Metal

Dissection's debut is clearly Blackened Death Metal and also hugely influential to the Swedish Melodic Death Metal scene. Excluding them in a thread of this nature would be a crime.

well then you'd have to include Hypocrisy as well, before Peter Tagtren got infatuated with Slipknot and began making nu-metal records under the Hypocrisy name :puke:

Personal preference. I'm not suprised the majority of the morons round here don't know what it means.

I think Heartwork is a Melodic death metal masterpiece, although i agree that Swansong isn't that great. I don't rate their first two albums. Ken Owen was pretty horrible back then, i do admire how much Bill and Ken improved their playing from album to album.

The only Hypocrisy album i think worth getting is Virus.
Check out Riders of the Plague by the Absence too.

np Hypocrisy - Scrutinized :kickass:

Personal preference. I'm not suprised the majority of the morons round here don't know what it means.

To me, when someone says something sucks, they're saying that the music is of low quality, not that they just don't care for it. So I asked him what about Heartwork makes him decide that the music is bad.

It seems a lot of folks claim not to care for Carcass, but there sure is a lot of talk about them on message boards. All I have is Heartwork, but I want to get some more of their stuff. I'm even interested in hearing Swansong.

I've never heard Hypocrisy, but I'm probably most interested in getting their new one I guess because it got such good ratings & the album cover looks really cool :)

I've never heard Hypocrisy, but I'm probably most interested in getting their new one I guess because it got such good ratings & the album cover looks really cool :)

Search Youtube for 'Hypocrisy - Scrutinized'. My favourite song by them and it's off their latest album too.

i guess the 1st melodic death metal album is the first Dismember record. if you compair with heartwork, probably you will find more melody on Like an ever flowing stream than on heartwork