Melodic death Metal

Actually, I think I remember you liked ASOP too.

In which case
place_palm_here-2494.GIF

The old Swedish scene was absolutely full of short lived bands that actually released quality albums without completely forgetting that they were playing a form of Death Metal.

Anyone who considers themselves a fan of this sub-genre should trace the roots and familiarize themselves with these names: A Canorous Quintet, A Mind Confused, Ablaze My Sorrow, Cardinal Sin, Ceremonial Oath, Chastisement, Crown of Thorns, Decameron, Desultory, Embracing, Eternal Lies, Eucharist, Excretion, Gates of Ishtar, Godgory, Hypocrite, Infernal Gates, Miscreant, Sacrilege, Scheitan, The Moaning and Unanimated.

Early stuff is better in all cases.

On point

In Flames was good through Subterranean. Up through Reroute to Remain they were very hit and miss. The rest is totally worthless.

I used to be a big fan of Colony but I realized it is mostly overproduced with a few good riffs and very bad vocals.

My freind is telling me to give Colony a try, so I think I might. Also I think the other day on Ministry Of Metal, Zeph played this interesting track from Whoracle

Colony is a fun fucking album. Great to listen to in the car. It has lots of great moments, and some very catchy hooks.

I think Clayman is good too, although lots of people consider both that and Colony to be less than stellar. In my opinion, they're both fun, catchy albums.

I used to be a big fan of Colony but I realized it is mostly overproduced with a few good riffs and very bad vocals.

The clean vocals are the worst part of the album. Fortunately he only does them in a few songs. Whenever Anders sings clean the music all of the sudden gets simpler; it's like he needs slow chord progressions to sing over. The only song in which he sings clean that I can actually tolerate is "Trigger" (which is also the only decent song on Reroute).

Reroute to Remain is by far their worst album. Of the newer once id hit "Come Clarity" any day over the others. The singles on the album is horrid, but there are some good song on there.

This sentence just blew my mind. I was under the impression you were a native English speaker...

Everything up through Clayman is very much worth hearing. Lunar Strain and Subterranean have a darker,almost BMish feel. Clayman and Colony are both pretty upbeat and poppy, but still very metal and completely devoid of the nu-metal stuff that appeared on Soundtrack and Reroute. Whoracle is definitely their heaviest album, although also definitely not the best. Very good.

I really like Come Clarity and A Sense Of Purpose, but most people won't and I wouldn't recommend them as melodic death metal. Reroute To Remain is fucking awful; I like both of the singles (Trigger and Cloud Connected), but the rest of the album is just awful. Soundtrack is also pretty horrible, but there are at least four songs from it I like. I would avoid both, though.

Priority should be:

The Jester Race
Lunar Strain/Subterranean (if you're not cool like me, you can get them packaged together)
Colony
Clayman/Whoracle

Of course, you'll just be a fag and download them all, then figure out what Andy's opinion is and rephrase it to sound dumber, but that's your problem. :p

I'll check out those albums and givea fair reply to this thread about them. However the reason I never bothered with In Flames till now is because of the newer shit I heard, especially their music videos. :puke:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJslY5o-cpo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJslY5o-cpo[/ame]

In Flames, at their absolute best. Golden years.

In Flames was good through Subterranean. Up through Reroute to Remain they were very hit and miss. The rest is totally worthless.

That's strange, considering Anders' best vocal performance is on that album.

But the riffs are just killer. Songs like Zombie Inc are on fire. And who ever said that about listening in the car, I totally agree. Blasting Zombie Inc with the windows down on a warm sunny day going 90 on the highway is fucking amazing. I miss that shit.

Pretty sure this is related to his alcohol issues, which also caused him to sit out the last tour. Also, Dimension Zero is about as metal as melodic death metal can get (not great, but balls out aggression all the way), and he hasn't stopped with that.
It'll be interesting to see what this does to In Flames' sound.

"Soilwork entered the studio in January 2010 to record the long-awaited follow-up to 2007's Sworn To A Great Divide. The album will be produced by guitarist Peter Wichers and mixed by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Bloodbath). The drums were tracked at Echo Mountain Studios in Asheville, NC. The rest of the recording is set to take place near Charlotte, N.C. and the final mix at Fascination Street in Orebro, Sweden.

"The Panic Broadcast" will be the first album to feature Peter Wichers since his return to the band in 2008, as well as the studio debut with guitarist Sylvain Coudret (Scarve) who also joined last year.

The album will be released 25th of June."

Looking forward to this one, even though Ive not been the biggest fan of the last records.

Not too big on melodic death personally, but Autumn Leaves - As Night Conquers Day is probably my favorite.

Also, if new Soilwork sounds like NBC/FNF i'll be happy.