Melodic death Metal

I came across this canadian band about a week ago: Unleash the Archers, it's a mix of powermetal-melodic deathmetal, the vocalist sounds like a mix of Battlelore/Arch Enemy:

http://www.myspace.com/unleashthearchers

They're pretty badass. She's an awesome vocalist :kickass:

My favourite MDM band has to be Scar Symmetry, even though they are more progressive than most. Christian Alvestam is legendary :worship:

Kalmah's "For The Revolution" is great, but one thing really pisses me off. The first verse from "Wings Of Blackening" :mad:

Cormorant. Holy shit.

This song starts like a mid-tempo doom tune, and then leaps into melodic glory.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obik_DA9Edc&feature=PlayList&p=9AF5CDA534F6191F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1[/ame]

Easily my favourite genre of metal.

My top 5 bands are:

Arch Enemy
Dark Tranquillity
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Disarmonia Mundi

What are bands Like inflames and Soilwork viewed like around here?

I dont think In Flames has every released anything really good...
I pretty much dislike them as a whole.

Soilwork, I'm not too familiar with, but Steelbath Suicide is good.

I dont think In Flames has every released anything really good...
I pretty much dislike them as a whole.

Soilwork, I'm not too familiar with, but Steelbath Suicide is good.
The only In Flames that I find to be listenable is Colony.

Soilwork are made of all kinds of awesome.

Most of the time, I only really like melodic death that contains elements of gothic, doom, darkwave etc.. I just find the common themes to be too pretentious.

Omnium Gatherum is very good. If memory serves me right, I liked Mors Principium Est a lot back when I was a big melodic death fan. New Miseration is a bit of a letdown.

I only mentioned inflames because them and soilwork are always compared against each other, I actually never liked inflames. I know little about the genre, but will try to learn and listen to a lot of artist. I'm surprised this topic isn't huge. I thought Melodic Death Metal was quite popular.